Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slow performance after BIOS update

Hey guys, this is my first post so please go easy on me.

I recently updated the BIOS on my motherboard and everything went smoothly during the installation but afterwords I noticed that moving Windows around and windows UI was generally very choppy and slow (I have a 144hz monitor) I tried playing some games and where I had normally had no issue getting over 144FPS I was getting really inconsistent fps anywhere from 60-100 in games like Rainbow Six and Doom (in csgo I was getting about a average of 110-120 which isn't that great for csgo) I tried reinstalling my gpu drivers and my chipset drivers and going back to a older version of the bios but nothing has helped. I noticed that in games like Rainbow Six where I typically get about 170fps and 100% GPU utilization that I was getting about 50-60% utilization.

I'll list my PC specs down below and any help you guys can give me would be much, much appreciated.

Ryzen 5 2600

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

MSI x470 gaming plus

WD-Blue 500gb m.2 ssd

MSI GTX 1660 TI ventus OC

EVGA silver 650watt psu

See if dcop/Xmp profile for the memory was set to default. 

Probably a good idea to reset bios to defaults, and then reapply setting you had before one by one.

• 3 weeks later...

I reset the bios to default and I tried looking for xmp and all I found under the RAM section is A-XMP. I assume this is basically the same thing?