Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pelican Case PC

RTXon

I've seen it done multiple times before and due to all this I have time to kill and was looking into making one. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on what size case to buy for a ITX system most likely and what to do about radiator mounts and hardware mount and all that. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Jayztwocents literally just did one. It came out pretty decent actually:

Thanks a bunch! And yeah it actually does look quite good. I'm not sure what model of case he may have used though. 

2 hours ago, RTXon said:

I've seen it done multiple times before and due to all this I have time to kill and was looking into making one. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on what size case to buy for a ITX system most likely and what to do about radiator mounts and hardware mount and all that. Thanks in advance!

The best would be to make a removable backplate to install into the case for components like motherboards. As for application how do you intend to use this either having it always open, or only vented like Jay did or being that is must be sealed and watertight during transport. 

15 hours ago, W-L said:

The best would be to make a removable backplate to install into the case for components like motherboards. As for application how do you intend to use this either having it always open, or only vented like Jay did or being that is must be sealed and watertight during transport. 

Good idea. I was thinking most likely vented but sealed would be nice for transport. From a performance standpoint most likely vented.

I was looking at something about this size to give this a whirl myself. It seems like it is about the same size as was in the video. 16 x 13 x 6. They used a 280 aio from what they were saying the vid. That equals out to about 12" long and they had a little bit of a buffer too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RYHL69R/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A47MN62EHB2EP&psc=1