Help, my Card is Crashing!

AshwinRox

Hi, I'm not really that experienced with the PC building experience. I actually had built a rather cool mod from this forum itself. But lately, my graphics kind of started crashing. I think it maybe because I installed a program on it to make my folders look kind of cool, either that or it's cause I sort of started using 4 monitors. 

Maybe My computer isn't strong enough, I'm not entirely sure. My graphics card is AMD Radeon RX 590 Fatboy, which I don't know if I should pick up another and try to set up crossfire to help the issues. I started using Throttle to see what the temps were and it was getting upto 80+ degrees. Well at least that's what I saw and it ran normally before all my screens crashed. At first, it was weird, everything pixelated, or there was grey boxes forming a checkerboard on the screen. 

So I don't know if it's overloaded, an issue with my card being faulty, or something with my programs. Granted, I run 3 screens for multiasking and work, and the fourth is a graphic tablet for me to draw on. 

Should I replace it with something new? Or should I buy another to take the load off? Is there anyway to figure out what's going wrong?

What program did you install. Or rather, what malware?

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

What program did you install. Or rather, what malware?

It was a product called IconPackager, made by stardock. I installed it then started seeing some problems when I wanted to save stuff

3 minutes ago, AshwinRox said:

It was a product called IconPackager, made by stardock. I installed it then started seeing some problems when I wanted to save stuff

i couldn't find a definitive answer, but reviews are very mixed, and its garbage at best. i would rollback the pc and see if it resolves, or reinstall windows.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i couldn't find a definitive answer, but reviews are very mixed, and its garbage at best. i would rollback the pc and see if it resolves, or reinstall windows.

Well, I wish I knew that. I guess I need to do a system restore, It would suck with my game files.... I still don't know cause my graphics card still keeps crashing everytime I play a game 

3 minutes ago, AshwinRox said:

Well, I wish I knew that. I guess I need to do a system restore, It would suck with my game files.... I still don't know cause my graphics card still keeps crashing everytime I play a game 

well, you could try to uninstall it manually, or use antivirus. that might do it. also, unfortunately it is definitely possible that the timing is a coincidence, and its a hardware failure.

6 hours ago, AshwinRox said:

Roll back the OS before you installed malware

11 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Roll back the OS before you installed malware

I'll give that a try as soon as I figure out how to do that. 

17 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

well, you could try to uninstall it manually, or use antivirus. that might do it. also, unfortunately it is definitely possible that the timing is a coincidence, and its a hardware failure.

I was assuming it was a hardware failure. Just cause, I don't know if this graphics card could handle as much of a laod as I was putting in, and most crashes are graphics related. Whenever I'm playing a high resolution game. 

I don't think a malware would cause a hardware failure. You can check the system event to see what is actually causing the failure. 

Graphic cards won't just fail because you throw too many workload. It has it's TDP and temp limit in the BIOS and it would just thermal throttle if it's getting overheated.