SFX PSU Choice?

Zaptecc

I've been researching SFX PSUs for the past week or so, and I've gotten so many mixed results on how much power I need. Power supplies seem to be really expensive right now but I need to downsize my rig for when I move into a dorm room. My current (important) parts are a Ryzen 5 2600X and an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, and I plan on eventually upgrading to 4th gen Ryzen when it becomes available. So assuming my CPU was a 3950X for the time being, what power supply would you recommend? Also is it actually in stock anywhere at a reasonable price?

Thanks!

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Scythe Fuma 2, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600, WD Black 500GB NVME SSD, 2TB WD Green HDD, ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING, SilverStone SX700-G, Cooler Master NR200P

Designed for Windows Vista

What's in stock, and the prices depends on where you're buying from. So... Where are you buying from?

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

What's in stock, and the prices depends on where you're buying from. So... Where are you buying from?

Most likely Amazon, but I'm completely open to other big brand places like Newegg, Best Buy, the manufacturers themselves, etc. I'm mostly looking for what wattage I need and how much headroom I'll have for an OC

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Scythe Fuma 2, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600, WD Black 500GB NVME SSD, 2TB WD Green HDD, ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING, SilverStone SX700-G, Cooler Master NR200P

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

(Yes, I am already planning on using the SG13B 😉)

But awesome! Thank you! Do you think 600W gives headroom for an OC still?

PC Specs:

1 minute ago, Zaptecc said:

Do you think 600W gives headroom for an OC still?

Yes, a 3950X only draws about 150 watts at stock, and with the 1070 coming in under 200 watts, you've got plenty of room to work with.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Yes, a 3950X only draws about 150 watts at stock, and with the 1070 coming in under 200 watts, you've got plenty of room to work with.

Perfect, thanks a ton!

PC Specs:

Just now, Zaptecc said:

Perfect, thanks a ton!

The one thing to mind is thermals, a thick radiator like the Corsair H80i V2 is recommended (unfortunately only fits one fan at this volume) and you definitely want a 120mm instead of 140mm so as to not reduce GPU space.

Primary PC: