Powerful Programmer build

Hi, hope everyone is well and safe.

I need help building a powerful and fast pc mainly for programming. Other uses will be surfing internet. I am not sure of the specs. This will be a personal pc build. I need help in choosing arts and I would need to know why also. I am learning to do this on my own. I am learning how to choose parts for different uses. I have no idea of budget yet. I am in NYC area. I want to build something I will be very proud of and plan on building more setups. Thx for any help.

9 minutes ago, DragonStryker said:

I need help building a powerful and fast pc mainly for programming. Other uses will be surfing internet. I am not sure of the specs. This will be a personal pc build. I need help in choosing arts and I would need to know why also. I am learning to do this on my own. I am learning how to choose parts for different uses. I have no idea of budget yet. I am in NYC area. I want to build something I will be very proud of and plan on building more setups. Thx for any help.

Answer a few questions below to help me see what's good for you?

(You do realize programming can be pretty easy task to run, but you mentioned 'Powerful and fast'?)

Identifying the Rough budget: 

-Is $750  (for the pc) too much?

Is $1250 (for the pc) too much?

-  Is $2000  (for the pc) Too much?

-Is $4000 (for the pc) too much? 

- IS $6000 too much (For the Entire setup)

(I know, reptitive)

General questions:

- Are you looking for a setup or just a pc?

- Do you want to game at all?

- Do you want RGB? 

- Performance or asthetic (choose one, this is only if youre on a budget lower than ~$1200)? 

- Special requirments/requests?

(more questions coming later)

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Programming can be a super light weight task. 

Compiling, on the other hand, can use some serious CPU power. Once you have a budget in mind, we can make a list, as long as you tell us the main workflow of your programming and what you currently use.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I am looking to build just the pc. My max budget may be $1000. I am currently doing Python and C++, Java will probably come soon. Currently I am using a MacBook Air 11 inch 2013 model. The pc I want to build I wanna run Windows and Linux on it also.

30 minutes ago, DragonStryker said:

3 minutes ago, DragonStryker said:

I am looking to build just the pc. My max budget may be $1000. I am currently doing Python and C++, Java will probably come soon. Currently I am using a MacBook Air 11 inch 2013 model. The pc I want to build I wanna run Windows and Linux on it also.

This is a good programming computer with plenty of room for CPU overclocking and upgrades in the future:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Boomwebsearch/saved/BfQNP6

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($294.14 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($143.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($35.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 590 8 GB FATBOY OC+ Video Card  ($218.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Aerocool Cylon ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.23 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $928.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-29 17:55 EDT-0400

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

RGB is optional, wouldn't be bad if I can include it. Multi monitor display from 2-4, I may set this up using a dock so I can switch between using my MacBook or the PC. I doubt I will be gaming on this but I would not mind. No top hi spec games for sure.

1 minute ago, DragonStryker said:

RGB is optional, wouldn't be bad if I can include it. Multi monitor display from 2-4, I may set this up using a dock so I can switch between using my MacBook or the PC. I doubt I will be gaming on this but I would not mind. No top hi spec games for sure.

Components in this build were not specifically selected due to aesthetics, these components offer great price to performance. You could remove the GPU in the suggested PCPartsPicker list which would bring the cost down to $ 710.30, although you may still want it for GPU acceleration reasons. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch