Help with my dump file?

HarrisonCassidy

Computer randomly has been crashing and I'm wondering if the dump file has any useful information.

5700 xt 20.4.2 drivers

b350-f newest bios

3600x

3200 mhz ram

This is essentially a continuation of my problems here:

042820-7656-01.7z

HyperX 2x8 gb 2666 Mhz ram (oc to 2993 for a long time, not long ago adjusted timings and oc to 3200, changing everything back when issues started)

new ram: Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3200 MHz 

It's very likely from running this memory together. Choose one or the other set and run just the two sticks in slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard.

If you want or need that much memory, it's always best to stick with only 2 sticks from a kit or 4 kits from a kit. This even over buying a 2x kit and then another 2x kit later also, but would be the alternative to just getting a quad stick kit.

12 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's very likely from running this memory together. Choose one or the other set and run just the two sticks in slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard.

If you want or need that much memory, it's always best to stick with only 2 sticks from a kit or 4 kits from a kit. This even over buying a 2x kit and then another 2x kit later also, but would be the alternative to just getting a quad stick kit.

No. I am not using four staicks. The ram has been replaced.

39 minutes ago, HarrisonCassidy said:

Computer randomly has been crashing and I'm wondering if the dump file has any useful information.

5700 xt 20.4.2 drivers

b350-f newest bios

3600x

2300 mhz ram

This is essentially a continuation of my problems here:

042820-7656-01.7z 218.31 kB · 1 download

🤔 Looking at your dump file, it looks like there is an issue with one of your display kernal drivers called "atikmpag". Here is what my windows debugging application has to say about the potential causes: 

The GPU is taking more time than permitted to display graphics to your monitor. This behavior can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• You may need to install the latest updates for your display driver, so that it properly supports the TDR process.
  • Hardware issues that impact the ability of the video card to operate properly, including:
    • Over-clocked components, such as the motherboard
    • Incorrect component compatibility and settings (especially memory configuration and timings)
    • Insufficient system cooling
    • Insufficient system power
    • Defective parts (memory modules, motherboards, etc.)
  • Visual effects, or too many programs running in the background may be slowing your PC down so that the video card can not respond as necessary.

I would uninstall the drivers completely in your control panel screen (AMD Radeon Software), reinstall the latest again, and perform a stress test on your RAM with the application linked below. The most extreme solution would be a clean install of your operating system, just to make sure your system registry isn't fucked. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 Looking at your dump file, it looks like there is an issue with one of your display kernal drivers called "atikmpag". Here is what my windows debugging application has to say about the potential causes: 

I would uninstall the drivers completely in your control panel screen (AMD Radeon Software), reinstall the latest again, and perform a stress test on your RAM with the application linked below. The most extreme solution would be a clean install of your operating system, just to make sure your system registry isn't fucked. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

I ran ryzen's mem test when I got the ram, and again when changed out the cpu a few days ago, but will go again, this time with memtest 86. The only thing(s) left to change are my motherboard needing to be RMAed, reinstalling windows, or it being my gpu/gpu drivers
Sice changing the cpu to 3600x from 1600x on this weekend my crashes have been much less frequent.

53 minutes ago, HarrisonCassidy said:

I ran ryzen's mem test when I got the ram, and again when changed out the cpu a few days ago, but will go again, this time with memtest 86. The only thing(s) left to change are my motherboard needing to be RMAed, reinstalling windows, or it being my gpu/gpu drivers
Sice changing the cpu to 3600x from 1600x on this weekend my crashes have been much less frequent.

Good deal, the motherboard might not be the issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The reviews for it says its really good for gaming as long as you aren't overclocking too much, but I still have reservations about buying budget motherboards to run any demanding application, video games being chief among them. You get what you pay for when it comes to computers. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I am beginning to think it is my gpu vram.

I started noticing small white artifacting on youtube videos. At first I thought it might have just been the video I was watching but I rolled the video back and they were appearing inconsistently showing up only about 1/3 of the time, still showing when the video was slowed down. I booted up a tomb raider demo (known to be rough on vram) I noticed small artifacts quite quickly.

My card came pre-oc with 1800Mhz vram, but it will not let me turn it down in manual settings. Curious, I tried the "auto overclock memory" just to see what would happen and the pc instantly crashed.

I think the problem has become less frequent since changing cpu to 3600x as the gpu is under not as responsible to handle everything, if that makes sense, or maybe I am crazy.

I got the card on price error from amazon.ca and it is still in the return period. Currently the cards are oos, but I think they pop in and out periodically. I think I am going to wait to try to get it replaced as I want to love the card and I love the price I got it for (when it works). After that I think my next choice would be to try to RMA it. Does anyone know if it is a pain to RMA a sapphire card? Worse case I refund the card and am without a desktop until I can find a replacement for a fair price.

1 hour ago, HarrisonCassidy said:

I am beginning to think it is my gpu vram.

I started noticing small white artifacting on youtube videos. At first I thought it might have just been the video I was watching but I rolled the video back and they were appearing inconsistently showing up only about 1/3 of the time, still showing when the video was slowed down. I booted up a tomb raider demo (known to be rough on vram) I noticed small artifacts quite quickly.

My card came pre-oc with 1800Mhz vram, but it will not let me turn it down in manual settings. Curious, I tried the "auto overclock memory" just to see what would happen and the pc instantly crashed.

I think the problem has become less frequent since changing cpu to 3600x as the gpu is under not as responsible to handle everything, if that makes sense, or maybe I am crazy.

I got the card on price error from amazon.ca and it is still in the return period. Currently the cards are oos, but I think they pop in and out periodically. I think I am going to wait to try to get it replaced as I want to love the card and I love the price I got it for (when it works). After that I think my next choice would be to try to RMA it. Does anyone know if it is a pain to RMA a sapphire card? Worse case I refund the card and am without a desktop until I can find a replacement for a fair price.

🤔 Well the memory dump says the issue is related to a display driver which is about the GPU, so I'd just replace it I guess, especially if its artifacting. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10