Would like laptop recommendations

I am a resident physician who is in need of a new laptop. I have been running a Acer aspire S7 for 8 years now and the battery just doesn't hold up for long work days.

I need a reliable laptop, thin and light with good battery life, so I can study for my licensing boards and doing my patient work.

I am interested in the surface laptop 3. Does anyone have other recommendations? How is the Dell XPS 13 in comparison to the surface?

8 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I have been running a Acer aspire S7 for 8 years now and the battery just doesn't hold up for long work days

You could get a replacement battery for your old system if reduced battery life is the significant issue.

9 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I need a reliable laptop, thin and light with good battery life, so I can study for my licensing boards and doing my patient work.

What is your budget for the new laptop computer?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

You could get a replacement battery for your old system if reduced battery life is the significant issue.

What is your budget for the new laptop computer?

$1200 +/- 300, spending my trump bucks to work more efficiently

13 hours ago, Lightning said:

$1200 +/- 300, spending my trump bucks to work more efficiently

If you need to have GPU (battery life may be slightly lower than CPU only), then I would recommend this:        https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-max-q-512gb-ssd-metalic-hairline-black/6335912.p?skuId=6335912

6335912_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

If you want longer battery life although without a dedicated GPU:       https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-13-3-7000-2-in-1-4k-ultra-hd-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-32gb-optane-black/6373028.p?skuId=6373028

6373028cv19d.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch