Ram not fitting

Linglong47

I was giving my friends instructions on how to build jis pc but his ram was not fitting he would like push it all the way in but it wouldnt dnap in place

What motherboard and what ram?

Does he have the dimms oriented the correct way? Ie, are the notches lined up?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

24 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Did he align the notch on the module with the notch on the motherboard?

What RAM is it and what motherboard is it?

B450m from gygabyte and idk what ram he got he got a random one from his friend he told me

2 minutes ago, Linglong47 said:

B450m from gygabyte and idk what ram he got he got a random one from his friend he told me

The motherboard needs DDR4 RAM. There are usually stickers on RAM sticks that should help identify the type of RAM stick you've got in your hands.

It's possible your friend has the RAM simply oriented the wrong way. In that case turning it around should help. There are small notches at the bottom of a RAM stick that have to match small bumps in the RAM slot. If those notches don't line up at all, then your friend most likely got the wrong type of RAM (e.g. DDR3 instead of DDR4).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

10 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The motherboard needs DDR4 RAM. There are usually stickers on RAM sticks that should help identify the type of RAM stick you've got in your hands.

It's possible your friend has the RAM simply oriented the wrong way. In that case turning it around should help. There are small notches at the bottom of a RAM stick that have to match small bumps in the RAM slot. If those notches don't line up at all, then your friend most likely got the wrong type of RAM (e.g. DDR3 instead of DDR4).

Ok thank you so much