$100-120 sound solution

Shd0w2

Okay, I need the best sound solution for headphones, closed or open, best sounding, this includes any things like sound cards amps or whatever to make the good quality achievable. May the best person win! (I need a solution ;_;)

Diamond 5 in League :)

There's no such thing as "the best" solution. There's too many variables based on individual preference.

What will you be using these for? If music, what kind of music?

What headphones/headsets have you had in the past and what did you like about them?

How loud is the environment you'll be listening in?

There's no such thing as "the best" solution. There's too many variables based on individual preference.

I don't need something really bassy, just nice sounding and as close to audiophile quality as you can get, plus, It needs to be comfortable for extended gaming sessions and well rounded overall, no mic needed

I don't need something really bassy, just nice sounding and as close to audiophile quality as you can get, plus, It needs to be comfortable for extended gaming sessions and well rounded overall, no mic needed

lel, check my edit

there's no such thing as "audiophile quality" - I just got a pair of $15 headphones that would knock your socks off.

What will you be using these for? If music, what kind of music?

What headphones/headsets have you had in the past and what did you like about them?

How loud is the environment you'll be listening in?

1. gaming, and gaming with music, music being some dubstep, beatles, rock, classic rock.

2. Razer kraken 7.1, really comfortable for me and blocked a lot of extra noise

3.not very loud, but when gaming my case fans and stuff get pretty noisy, otherwise it's pretty

BOnus if possible: detachable cord and compatibility with mobile devices, mainly detachable cord.

Someone is selling a pair so slightly used custom one pros in the classified section for $140. If you are willing to extend your budget they should be great headphones for you. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/73-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-with-retail-box-used/

1. gaming, and gaming with music, music being some dubstep, beatles, rock, classic rock.

2. Razer kraken 7.1, really comfortable for me and blocked a lot of extra noise

3.not very loud, but when gaming my case fans and stuff get pretty noisy, otherwise it's pretty

It sounds like you'd like isolation, but be warned you wont get as good positional audio as you would from open headphones. The Shure SRH 440 get many good things said about them. You might want velour pads for comfort. No detachable cable, but you could mod that in if you wanted.

I just got a pair of HD 439's. They're closed, but not SUPER isolating. Am going to be throwing them up in the classified section for $45 soonish if you're interested and want to save some of your budget.

Someone is selling a pair so slightly used custom one pros in the classified section for $140. If you are willing to extend your budget they should be great headphones for you. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/73-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-with-retail-box-used/

Oh man, this!

Hmm, I guess I'll look into the beyerdynamic ones, will I need a dac amp or anything? :/

Hmm, I guess I'll look into the beyerdynamic ones, will I need a dac amp or anything? :/

No, they're specifically designed for mobile use, and are rated at a mere 16 ohms. 

No, they're specifically designed for mobile use, and are rated at a mere 16 ohms. 

Hmm! I'm really liking this, I guess I'll have to contact the seller! :P