Studio 1558 | ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 | Black Screen Problem

rajbharath

Computer specifications:

• Dell Studio 1558 ,Intel Core i5,4 GB of RAM,ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000,Windows 10 64 bit

Problem:

1. The problem started with the common error "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered...".
  2. This was followed by several BSOD, associated to the video card (atikmpag.sys file).
  3. Finally, after a couple of weeks, the laptop screen turned black, but the laptop was still in operation....i connectedthe laptop to an external monitor and resetted the pc the the laptop screen works there after few weeks again same problem occurs....all i want now is to disable the old gpu and run on the igpu of i5 processor ...do you guys know how to disable the gpu ...or any other solution.... because none of the drivers of ati Radeon 5000 work on win 10

just disable it in Device Manager. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

thank you....but is there any chance that i can get re-enableed and cause the problem again? ...i just want to disable it forever

It will re-enabled if windows autoupdate the driver but it's so old i doubt window will update the driver.
You can check your laptop BIOS if there's is an option to only use iGPU. I know some OEMs have that option. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

it actually does thats the reason the screen goes total black.....i ll try through bios....sry for asking again is there any other option?