old tv console - update conversion

TechBruhE

my friend recently upgraded his home entertainment center, so i nabbed this old tv console, i plan on mounting a modern tv in it, a UPS/battery backup, and some sort of a sound system. i will be cleaning it up and replacing some broken wood, and i plan on painting it white, probably going to replace the felt where the old speakers were, with some sort of metal mesh or something. the metal on the lower front i plan on painting silver, to match the mesh im going to get. and since its a square hole, i figured id make a compartment for a potential receiver or console etc. under or above the tv, probably under, we'll see how it all works out. heres the pre work photos, have yet to buy any parts or modify it.

20200426_171802.jpg

20200426_171823.jpg

20200426_171837.jpg

20200426_171857.jpg

20200426_171918.jpg

It is a very cool idea, you could probably fit a computer behind the TV screen and make it some kind of arcade-machine-like piece of furniture...
But there is a potential problem that you have to solve, you should add some kind of legs under it otherwise it would be too low to be usable as an actual television 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, Raptor_Fawr said:

It is a very cool idea, you could probably fit a computer behind the TV screen and make it some kind of arcade-machine-like piece of furniture...
But there is a potential problem that you have to solve, you should add some kind of legs under it otherwise it would be too low to be usable as an actual television 

nah its got wheels under it, it'll be fine. after i get all the peices together and start on it ill post updates.
i've done measurements and a 38 or 39 inch lcd should fit perfectly width wise. i will mount it so the extra space is underneath it, there will be pleanty of space to hide a pc inside it, i probably wont, but maybe in the future, we'll see. wanted to mount a 4k tv in it but 4k at that size is hard to come by, 1080p seems to be all i can find. :/ all the tech supplies will be roughly $250, will have to buy some metal mesh, wood filler, sand paper, and paint, a friend of mine has a bunch of scrap wood i plan on snagging next time im over at his place, to build a mount for the tv, and everything. lol probably be a month before any real progress happens though, works keeping me really busy rn.