AMD PROBLEMS

Bernardo Rosa

Hello everyone, hope you're all save during this human malware. 

The problem is the following:

Every time, I turn my PC Volume UP, I have lag in games/YouTube. It's strange, but I try to investigate more about it, and find almost nothing. 

Details about the problem:

If im on YouTube for example, on fullscreen, and I turn the volume UP our DOWN, there a lag/sttuter, this happens also in games for example warzone. If the volume is on the max, and I turn it up, it doesn't happen, same if the volume is 0, and I turn it down. This problem only happens in fullscreen. I thought it was the overlay sound indicator that was making that, but I used software to turn that off and the problem is steel there. Funny thing is, in doom eternal, that bug didn't happen. I thought it was because of VULKAN, so I installed WWZ that was vulkan and the bug did not occur. I switch to direct X 11 on WWZ and the bug appeared. This is what I Know about the problem so far. 

Solutions tried:

Freesync off

Clean amd drivers install

Fullscreen optimization off

Clean windows install

Turn the refresh rate to 60Hz (my monitor is 75)

Important information:

I use and high sound device, so the audio it's coming from the HDMI to the monitor.

My GPU is RX580 8GB PHANTOM GAMIMG D

CPU RYZEN 5 2600

RAM 8GB

MOTHERBOARD A320-HDV R3 ASROCK

I tried to use the Realtek from the onboard jacks on my Motherboard same problem. 

I try to clean install Realtek drivers, same thing

My monitor it's gonna be in the pictures I'm gonna add

SSD 240GB

What I think it is:

I think it's just AMD drivers and direct X, which makes no sense because I can't find more reports about the problems, but it seems like its some DIRECT X problem. 

Thank you for reading. If you want more info just ask 

1587909326936857712685537509.jpg

15879094459704229576951558498825.jpg

If using the onboard audio device from the motherboard and the realtek audio card also produces the issue, then it has nothing to do with AMD or VGA drivers. Sounds like your board might be at fault

12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If using the onboard audio device from the motherboard and the realtek audio card also produces the issue, then it has nothing to do with AMD or VGA drivers. Sounds like your board might be at fault

00f that's an A320.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

If that was the problem, why doesn't it happen in vulkan? And only in fullscreen?

Edited by Bernardo Rosa

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

00f that's an A320.

Ouch!! I would dump that Mobo for a better one. At minimum a B450 for those components,and a better brand.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

Ouch!! I would dump that Mobo for a better one. At minimum a B450 for those components,and a better brand.

Recommend any good and not very expensive B450?

8 hours ago, Bernardo Rosa said:

Recommend any good and not very expensive B450?

I only use higher end ASUS boards,but do see a lot of people out there recommend this one:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b450-tomahawk-max

I had great luck with the ASUS TUF boards on my last FX990 boards:

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Try check if those Vulkan games is actually running in Exclusive Fullscreen. You can check by alt+tabbing quickly, if there is no delay then it's probably borderless fullscreen or Vulkan handle fullscreen differently. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |