Is it safe to update from Windows 10 1809 to 1909 now in April 2020

I know that there's been a lot of bad things happening to people updating to newer Windows 10 versions, but I was doing a fresh install on my GF's computer today and noticed the Windows I installed was a bit different than the one I had.

When I came back home I noticed in the Windows Updates settings that it's telling me my version will be out of support soon and to consider updating to the most recent version of Windows 10.

I couldn't find any recent information about the current situation with updating to this version from an older version.

Does it still cause problems after so many months since the most recent feature update version was released?

Should I take any precautions or something else I need to know about updating from my current version to this one?

Should I go with a fresh Windows install instead?

It's not that I care a whole lot about the data I have in this PC, I literally just use it for gaming so everything is in the cloud pretty much. I have all my important stuff in my laptop which I guess I would also have to update, so I kind of want to test with my gaming PC first.

Thanks!

- Wonka0998

I haven't had any issued with the lates version of Windows 10 as far as I'm concerned, no security issues or bugs that I have noticed. It works perfectly fine for me. I did a fresh install though but you would be fine to just update it using windows updates. After the updates perhaps run a disk cleanup because at least last time I updated apparently I had left over files from the update taking like 5 to 10gb of my drive.

I delay all the monthly updates by 15 days and the new major upgrades by 60 days.  I have yet to experience any problems.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

Thank you guys I'll go ahead and update.

I also like to keep my systems up to date but the Windows problems that had been showing up were a real concern for me.

Let's see how it goes!

So use imaging software like Macrium Reflect and made image of your system before upgrade. In worst case you'll be able to restore image. But you should be fine anyway. If your hardware is ok.