Is Adaptive-Sync possible with Dis.Port-HDMI adaptor?

Hi! I need an answer to a very complicated question (at least for me). I am buying the Acer 24" LED - XF240QPbiipr , which has AMD Free-sync, to connect to my Lenovo Legion Y gaming laptop, in order to finally enjoy 144hz. That laptop has Nvidia however, and I've read that Nvidia series 10+ graphics cards support Free-sync (via adaptive-sync) only over Display-port cables. However, my laptop doesn't have display-port.

My question is, if I connect the Free-sync monitor using a display-port cable, with a HDMI adaptor, to an Nvidia card, will the whole thing work? I mean, will I get the Free-sync with 144hz to work specifically? Thanks in advance!

I think the specifications of the signal that devices agree upon when you use an adapter, depends on the sender part. In your case, because your laptop is sending a HDMI signal, the monitor will agree on that and treat the signal as HDMI (despite receiving it through a Display Port).
So, No. I don't think you can activate Free-Sync on your monitor using a display-port cable with a HDMI adaptor.

That being said, if you are decided on buying the monitor anyway, let us know the results.

If that is the case, I will rather choose another monitor. Delivery under quaranteen is slow, so I'd rather not risk waiting another month. Thanks for the reply though :)