ASUS N17U WIFI

alexnt

I use asus n17u for wireless router. I noticed that my gf's laptop wireless network adapter speed connects at 72mbps but it supports b/g/n/ac protocol. After googling I changed router's channel bandwidth to 40mhz on asus and laptop's network adapter connected with 150mbps but I read that 40mhz bandwidth can be interfered by other signals so I'm not sure if this change was good idea.

Then I tested wireless speed on my p8 lite which is b/g/n and it reached about 30-32mbps downspeed. I asked my gf to do the same test with her iphone x and it reached only 18mbps. She tested several times. Then I changed from auto to enforced N and mixed 20/40mhz on router side. I got on p8 lite about 40-45mbps but on iphone she got the same speed 18mbps. The wireless log on asus showed 52mpbs rate for my p8 lite and 144mbps for iphone and tv(which also supports n and ac. I didn't checked on laptop though because it was late. Why iphone has lower speed than p8 lite and why laptops wifi adapter need 40mhz to get 15mbps speed?

Was this threw speed test ? Did you test each device in the same spot as the p8 lite ? 

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Escapenz said:

Was this threw speed test ? Did you test each device in the same spot as the p8 lite ? 

Yes and yes.