CPU and GPU idle upwards of 60C

As the title reads, both my gpu and cpu idle at around 60C. I have a ryzen 2700x and a pny 1070 8gb, ambient temperature is about 22-24, and I even just replaced thermal paste on both of them. I'm really not sure what could be causing all the heat. I have an O11 dynamic with 6 intakes side and bottom and 3 exhausts in the top. Any help would be really appreciated as I've been at this for some time now.

2 minutes ago, Nickonamy said:

As the title reads, both my gpu and cpu idle at around 60C. I have a ryzen 2700x and a pny 1070 8gb, ambient temperature is about 22-24, and I even just replaced thermal paste on both of them. I'm really not sure what could be causing all the heat. I have an O11 dynamic with 6 intakes side and bottom and 3 exhausts in the top. Any help would be really appreciated as I've been at this for some time now.

What thermal paste? Are you sure they are snugged down enough? What fans do you have? 

2 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

What thermal paste? Are you sure they are snugged down enough? What fans do you have? 

I'm using corsair xtm50 on both, all 9 fans are be quiet silent wings 3s. Also forgot to mention I'm using a kraken x62.

4 minutes ago, Nickonamy said:

I'm using corsair xtm50 on both, all 9 fans are be quiet silent wings 3s. Also forgot to mention I'm using a kraken x62.

That thermal paste is not great. Especially vs Kryonaut. 5 W/mk vs 12.5 W/mk

2 hours ago, LFreeman said:

That thermal paste is not great. Especially vs Kryonaut. 5 W/mk vs 12.5 W/mk

efficiency wasn't even something I considered when purchasing cause I was in such a rush to fix it, I'll go ahead and try something like the kryonaut, thanks!

Are the fans working? Newer GPUs have 0rpm mode by default, so fans don't start before temps hit certain threshold. If fans are running with reasonable curve, then those temps would be alarming. But if fans are not running, or set to extremely silent modes, you are seeing normal temps.

For troubleshooting any actual issues with your cooling, you need to run synthetic stress test to find out what the actual max temps are. Both CPU and GPU are fine going over 80C under load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Are the fans working? Newer GPUs have 0rpm mode by default, so fans don't start before temps hit certain threshold. If fans are running with reasonable curve, then those temps would be alarming. But if fans are not running, or set to extremely silent modes, you are seeing normal temps.

For troubleshooting any actual issues with your cooling, you need to run synthetic stress test to find out what the actual max temps are. Both CPU and GPU are fine going over 80C under load.

The strange thing is that under load neither of them hit 80, I think the highest I've seen between both of them is 77. I have fan curves on both, which makes it silent but my case fans all run at 40% until around 55 degrees and then ramp up, and gpu fans at 30% until 55.

1 hour ago, Nickonamy said:

The strange thing is that under load neither of them hit 80, I think the highest I've seen between both of them is 77. I have fan curves on both, which makes it silent but my case fans all run at 40% until around 55 degrees and then ramp up, and gpu fans at 30% until 55.

In other words, everything is fine and the fan curves are just for quiet operation when not needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

In other words, everything is fine and the fan curves are just for quiet operation when not needed.

I guess I figured temps should be lower even if the fans are silent but as long as nothing is being damaged or anything I'm ok with it for now, thanks!