144Hz 1080P Gaming PC Build for $1500-$2000 Canadian Pesos

Hi,

I am looking to build a gaming PC. Looking for best buck to performance and don't have much interest in RGB (what ever keeps the cost low)

No idea what to get for power supply 

1. Budget & Location

My budget is $2000 CAD for the PC with monitor and peripherals included in the budget. 

2. Aim

This PC is purely for gaming. 

List of games I play or plan to play:

1) E-sports titles (league, CSGO, overwatch, Valorant)

2) Cities Skyline

3) Racing/driving games (Forza, euro truck sim, F1)

4) plan to play future triple A titles (med to high settings 1080p) 

3. Monitors

I would love to have a 144hz 1080p display monitor but have no idea what is a good monitor vs a bad one. I have tried to look into it (TN vs IPS vs VA) or (LED vs LCD) but it is super confusing to me. Please help me find a budget 144 Hz monitor with low latency and freesync. 

I have never had a high refresh rate monitor or even a good looking display. So I don't personally know if I will notice differences between a good vs great display or low vs high response time. 

4. Peripherals

currently have Logitech G502 SE and am happy with it.

I will be in need of a keyboard. would appreciate any recommendation (best bang for you buck) 

5. Why are you upgrading?

My laptop is in its final stages (love it to bits) 

specs: 

I5-3337U

Nvidia GT 740M

14in 60Hz display 

I am in a dire need for an upgrade. 

Lastly, 

I have gone over PC Partpicker and there is soooo many options that it is more confusing and helpful. I was hoping for a AMD based system. Ryzen 7 3700x or 3800x. Not sure if Ryzen 9 3900x would be better value or if it is overkill. 

As for the GPU, I was thinking of Radeon RX 5700XT. It does not really matter if the GPU is AMD or Nvidia. 

Motherboards are confusing to me, I am not sure what exact features they have and if those features would improve performance. 

I realize that this is a long texted post, please bear with me and let me know if more information in required. 

thanks, 

Hulkify

Hey,

I have the same exact goal with you right now. 1080p, 144hz Gaming. I am putting my planned parts list and why.

CPU: FPS Performance on R5 3600 vs. R7 3700X - Seems like the better choice for value with 1080p gaming will be the R5 3600.

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX or ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - The B450 is advised to be the best board to pair with the R5 3600 for gaming, but X570 is on sale from $249.99 to $149.00 (after $40.00 MIR) and has features some value that the B450 board does not have

Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory - DDR-3600 ram speed looks like the best choice according to this LTT video

I cannot give advise on the other parts as of now.

21 hours ago, hulkify said:

Hi,

I am looking to build a gaming PC. Looking for best buck to performance and don't have much interest in RGB (what ever keeps the cost low)

No idea what to get for power supply 

1. Budget & Location

My budget is $2000 CAD for the PC with monitor and peripherals included in the budget. 

2. Aim

This PC is purely for gaming. 

List of games I play or plan to play:

1) E-sports titles (league, CSGO, overwatch, Valorant)

2) Cities Skyline

3) Racing/driving games (Forza, euro truck sim, F1)

4) plan to play future triple A titles (med to high settings 1080p) 

3. Monitors

I would love to have a 144hz 1080p display monitor but have no idea what is a good monitor vs a bad one. I have tried to look into it (TN vs IPS vs VA) or (LED vs LCD) but it is super confusing to me. Please help me find a budget 144 Hz monitor with low latency and freesync. 

I have never had a high refresh rate monitor or even a good looking display. So I don't personally know if I will notice differences between a good vs great display or low vs high response time. 

4. Peripherals

currently have Logitech G502 SE and am happy with it.

I will be in need of a keyboard. would appreciate any recommendation (best bang for you buck) 

5. Why are you upgrading?

My laptop is in its final stages (love it to bits) 

specs: 

I5-3337U

Nvidia GT 740M

14in 60Hz display 

I am in a dire need for an upgrade. 

Lastly, 

I have gone over PC Partpicker and there is soooo many options that it is more confusing and helpful. I was hoping for a AMD based system. Ryzen 7 3700x or 3800x. Not sure if Ryzen 9 3900x would be better value or if it is overkill. 

As for the GPU, I was thinking of Radeon RX 5700XT. It does not really matter if the GPU is AMD or Nvidia. 

Motherboards are confusing to me, I am not sure what exact features they have and if those features would improve performance. 

I realize that this is a long texted post, please bear with me and let me know if more information in required. 

thanks, 

Hulkify

Also msi’s x570 boards are horrible

1 minute ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

And also I added an ssd