Rack Mounting

wfazzina
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
3 minutes ago, wfazzina said:

Did you end up needing anything specific, or did you just use a run-of-the-mill server chassis?

just ran normal server cases, they worked like normal pc cases

Has anyone here rack mounted their pc? I'm looking into it as an option for consolating my 2 main PCs and audio gear. 

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yep, put my desktops, server + switch all in one little 4u rack when I was in a adorm. Worked pretty well.

Did you end up needing anything specific, or did you just use a run-of-the-mill server chassis?

3 minutes ago, wfazzina said:

just ran normal server cases, they worked like normal pc cases

19 hours ago, wfazzina said:

Has anyone here rack mounted their pc? I'm looking into it as an option for consolating my 2 main PCs and audio gear. 

Yes, I have a 12u rack for my media center and have all consoles, audio equipment, and the media PC mounted on there. It works well as long as you get the right mounting hardware, some manufacturers at the lower end of the price sector have really poor mounting solutions and they should be avoided, also make sure the thermals have a way of getting out or the components up top will fry.

Matthew Gilbride