MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio SLI Compatibilty

CoinDuckling369
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
18 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

All right thank you for you reply, after doing some photoshop magic i but the asus one on top of the MSI one and you are right, do you think that this distance will be a problem?

Hard to say, it shouldn't be bad if you get a flexible SLI bridge. They're not as good-looking but should solve your problem.

Also: That photoshop magic unfortunately gives you zero information about the scale of the card in each picture so you still don't know the PCB height difference.

From the data I pulled (from manufacturer's website) the Trio is only 0.6cm taller so you shouldn't run into issues.

EDIT: Make sure that your motherboard offers enough space to fit two GPUs that are 2.5-slot thick.

Hello LTT Community,

I recently found a great deal on a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio, and I was wondering if it is SLI compatible with an Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080 TI,

It looks like they have the same PCB height so I think that the bridge will fit but I don't know if it will work and otherwise it'll be a waste of money.

Here are some images of the PCBs:

MSI Card:

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio Review – The Most Stunning ...1226 × 904

Asus Card:

Compatibility list for EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix RGB - Nickel ...1363 × 600

I would love to know because the MSI card is ~100 euros cheaper then another Asus one.

Thanks in advance,

~Sven

I think the MSI Trio PCB is a bit taller. Not sure how that's gonna affect your ability to install the bridge though.

Besides that, it should work without any issues. The Gaming X Trio has a great cooler.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I think the MSI Trio PCB is a bit taller. Not sure how that's gonna affect your ability to install the bridge though.

Besides that, it should work without any issues. The Gaming X Trio has a great cooler.

All right thank you for you reply, after doing some photoshop magic i but the asus one on top of the MSI one and you are right, do you think that this distance will be a problem?

2017-11-22_9-06-19.thumb.png.b9dc6e0e52d9bc8e13c05a030ea91637.png

14 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

2017-11-22_9-06-19.thumb.png.b9dc6e0e52d9bc8e13c05a030ea91637.png

Or if it won't fit will I lose too much performance by making it a flexible SLI bridge?

18 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Hard to say, it shouldn't be bad if you get a flexible SLI bridge. They're not as good-looking but should solve your problem.

Also: That photoshop magic unfortunately gives you zero information about the scale of the card in each picture so you still don't know the PCB height difference.

From the data I pulled (from manufacturer's website) the Trio is only 0.6cm taller so you shouldn't run into issues.

EDIT: Make sure that your motherboard offers enough space to fit two GPUs that are 2.5-slot thick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Allright thank you for your help, I think I'll go for it and see if it fits, otherwise I'll just buy a flexible bridge. (I will first check my motherbord specs now, thank you for the advice)

1 minute ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Allright thank you for your help, I think I'll go for it and see if it fits, otherwise I'll just buy a flexible bridge. (I will first check my motherbord specs now, thank you for the advice)

You have a Crosshair VI Hero which is very similar to what I have (Crosshair VI Extreme) - you're good in terms of motherboard space and slots.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

You have a Crosshair VI Hero which is very similar to what I have (Crosshair VI Extreme) - you're good in terms of motherboard space and slots.

Yes, thank you for also checking it out.

55 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Sadly it appeared to be a scam, the ad and user were also removed before I bought it (lucky enough for me)

So I won't be able to try it for my self.

It was a little to good to be true... €300 for a 1080 ti

Even though still thank you for your help.