My First Rig!

HPA900

Hi All!

Recently joined the forum, thought I would share with you my current and first ever machine that I built!

It was great fun after watching build guides for many months in preparation. After getting a sizeable tax return I thought there was no better time to get into the PC gaming scene.

The specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8C/16T @ 4.3GHz (All-Core)

GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC (+125/750)

Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3466MHz (OC)

Cooling: Silverstone PF-360 ARGB Liquid AIO

PSU: Corsair RM650x (80+ Gold Modular)

Storage (1): Adata SX6000 Pro NVME SSD 512GB

Storage (2): Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA III SSD

Case: Cooler Master H500P Mesh White

It is paired up to an MSI Optix MAG271CQR (1440p, 144HZ, 1ms) display. My peripherals are a Corsair K70 MK.2 Keyboard (Cherry MX. Blue), Gamescom Plantronics 780 Headset and Logitech G502 Hero wired mouse.

I like to play a fair bit of Assetto Corsa, so I have set up a full Logitech G920 Wheel, pedals and shifter also.

Let me know what you think, Cheers!

Harrison Allwood

20200406_201856.jpg

Pretty cool hey! Was looking for one that would match the colour profile I set once the AIO was in (Had the Wraith Prism in for a few months beforehand), feel like it compliments it well.

Wow that's really cool. I just finished my first rig 3 days ago and mine pales in comparison to yours😆

5 minutes ago, Perrin said:

Wow that's really cool. I just finished my first rig 3 days ago and mine pales in comparison to yours😆

As long as it does what you want it to do man! I'm sure you've done a great job.

It's a bit difficult to see the rig so more pictures would be good!

I'd suggest keeping an eye on your GPU temps, whilst vertically mounted GPUs look so much better they can have issues with trying to suck in air from the window which has very little.

Yours doesn't seem to be too close to it (but its difficult to tell) which might be fine, I know others have seen performance dips due to the above but I haven't aircooled a vertical GPU.

38 minutes ago, Deuteronomy93 said:

It's a bit difficult to see the rig so more pictures would be good!

I'd suggest keeping an eye on your GPU temps, whilst vertically mounted GPUs look so much better they can have issues with trying to suck in air from the window which has very little.

Yours doesn't seem to be too close to it (but its difficult to tell) which might be fine, I know others have seen performance dips due to the above but I haven't aircooled a vertical GPU.

Thanks man! Its a bit tight in there I agree, however the temps seem to be ok. Destiny 2 & MW have the card at 60-65 degrees with a 60% fan curve, so i'm pretty happy.

2 hours ago, HPA900 said:

Thanks man! Its a bit tight in there I agree, however the temps seem to be ok. Destiny 2 & MW have the card at 60-65 degrees with a 60% fan curve, so i'm pretty happy.

Great, maybe you'll develop the custom loop itch soon ;)

1 hour ago, Deuteronomy93 said:

Great, maybe you'll develop the custom loop itch soon ;)

Hopefully! No idea what this case is like to build in for custom loop though.

From what I understand its not the best/easiest, particularly with the front being more tuned for the large front fans rather than smaller fans with rads but I've seen a few good looking builds in it as its a nice looking case!