GPU to pair with my i5 9400f

Sebbe

What GPU should i pair with my i5 9400f i have a big budget but not massive. Am gonna use it for gaming with 16 gig ram 

4 minutes ago, Sebbe said:

What GPU should i pair with my i5 9400f i have a big budget but not massive. Am gonna use it for gaming with 16 gig ram 

are you planning on playing with 1080p? 1440p? 2160p?

6 minutes ago, Sebbe said:

What's your "big budget" and what resolution are you planning on playing it and what PSU do you have 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What's your "big budget" and what resolution are you planning on playing it and what PSU do you have 

I have a PSU with 550W rn and i am also available to upgrade that if needed and am playing on 1080p

picking the right GPU will depend on what exactly your budget is (what can you or are willing to spend), what are you planning on doing (gaming, work, etc. etc.) what resolution you want and can your case physically handle the GPU you want.

35 minutes ago, Sebbe said:

I have a PSU with 550W rn and i am also available to upgrade that if needed and am playing on 1080p

Budget pleaseeeeee

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Budget pleaseeeeee

Oh about 700$

Just now, Sebbe said:

Oh about 700$

Well I mean 700 dollars is a huge budget so I suppose a 2070 super the 2080s costs around 800ish and you'll need a beefier PSU for a 2080s So I guess a non reference 2070s costs around 600-700ish 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, Sebbe said:

First of all wait!

-> RDNA 2 and Ampere are 'around the corner', meaning still this year.
No one can say for sure with all of this COVID-19 stuff but I'm in your exact position and I'm waiting.

With new GPU's comes 2 things, more performance and cheaper older cards, the 2070 Super you can buy today will probably be discounted on Black Friday.
You can then choose between an older card and a new one.

If you absolutely need one now it's because you're wrong, you don't need to game NOW, you want to. 
Instead try to explore some older games and enjoy them with your integrated graphics, spend your days researching a topic of interest, like computer hardware, finish the Udemy courses you bought but never started, you get the idea. xD

You've every right to spend your money now on a 2070 Super or 2080 Super, but in a couple of months that money could have gotten you something better. 
Hell, you may even discover that 700$ is too much and you prefer to go with something lower cost, to exactly the opposite, maybe you saved enough for a 3080Ti xDDD

I have a i9-9900K and I'm gaming on Intel Graphics UHD630, yes they suck but I can still play Battlefield 3 at 40fps, CS:GO at 40fps, Subnautica at 20 and much lower intensive games at decent rates like Left for Dead 2, Minecraft and story driven games. 

-> The take away is, stop and think.
If want one know buy the best you can afford (today you are gaming at 1080, but maybe next year you want a high refresh rate monitor or higher resolution and you have the GPU POWAAAAR to match that future desire);
If you can wait, wait for the release AND REVIEWS!!! Of the next generation of cards.

Hope it helps!

27 minutes ago, Bowis said:

First of all wait!

-> RDNA 2 and Ampere are 'around the corner', meaning still this year.
No one can say for sure with all of this COVID-19 stuff but I'm in your exact position and I'm waiting.

With new GPU's comes 2 things, more performance and cheaper older cards, the 2070 Super you can buy today will probably be discounted on Black Friday.
You can then choose between an older card and a new one.

If you absolutely need one now it's because you're wrong, you don't need to game NOW, you want to. 
Instead try to explore some older games and enjoy them with your integrated graphics, spend your days researching a topic of interest, like computer hardware, finish the Udemy courses you bought but never started, you get the idea. xD

You've every right to spend your money now on a 2070 Super or 2080 Super, but in a couple of months that money could have gotten you something better. 
Hell, you may even discover that 700$ is too much and you prefer to go with something lower cost, to exactly the opposite, maybe you saved enough for a 3080Ti xDDD

I have a i9-9900K and I'm gaming on Intel Graphics UHD630, yes they suck but I can still play Battlefield 3 at 40fps, CS:GO at 40fps, Subnautica at 20 and much lower intensive games at decent rates like Left for Dead 2, Minecraft and story driven games. 

-> The take away is, stop and think.
If want one know buy the best you can afford (today you are gaming at 1080, but maybe next year you want a high refresh rate monitor or higher resolution and you have the GPU POWAAAAR to match that future desire);
If you can wait, wait for the release AND REVIEWS!!! Of the next generation of cards.

Hope it helps!

Yeah i guess i can wait as my GPU from R9 200 series (dont know exact which i have) does the job for most games at medium graphics.                                                                   I recently got some new components to my pc and that is why i thought of upgrading it. 

9 minutes ago, Sebbe said:

Yeah i guess i can wait as my GPU from R9 200 series (dont know exact which i have) does the job for most games at medium graphics.                                                                   I recently got some new components to my pc and that is why i thought of upgrading it. 

I understand, try to research more YouTube (GamersNexus, JayzTwoCents, LinusTechTips Hardware Unboxed, Bitwit) are good channels, check forums like this one.
Focus on comparing the GPU's you can buy right now, at that price range NVDIA still as the crown, but that might change with next generation stuff.

With the information you will gather make your own mind, don't let others influence you, we will only feed you information, you must be the one to digest it, after all it will be your money, your rig and your benefit.

*Can I Run It is a good benchmark site for your system, maybe it can help you with the decision of buying or waiting!
Hope it helps :) 

20 minutes ago, Bowis said:

I understand, try to research more YouTube (GamersNexus, JayzTwoCents, LinusTechTips Hardware Unboxed, Bitwit) are good channels, check forums like this one.
Focus on comparing the GPU's you can buy right now, at that price range NVDIA still as the crown, but that might change with next generation stuff.

With the information you will gather make your own mind, don't let others influence you, we will only feed you information, you must be the one to digest it, after all it will be your money, your rig and your benefit.

*Can I Run It is a good benchmark site for your system, maybe it can help you with the decision of buying or waiting!
Hope it helps :) 

Said on Can I Run It that can play 96/100 games on the Most Popular games list so i guess i can wait a little                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I will also check out some more reviews of different GPU'S and what to buy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Thanks for the information mate