Low GPU usage and CPU usage

erzz

Hey, I've noticed that on some games (ARK and Valorant have been tested), I get Low GPU and Low CPU usage. Therefore low FPS.

The only way to increase my GPU usage is to increase my game settings.

Here are my specs

i5-7600K 
GTX 1060 6GB ASUS ROG
16GB 2133 MHz
Asus ROG Z270F
650W PSU
--
Windows 10 Version 1909

Let me tell you what I've done so far.
- I have uninstalled Graphics drivers and have installed the latest ones.
- I have updated my BIOS

- I've made sure that it's not a bottleneck from temperature or CPU - it's not

- I don't have an antivirus.

- FurMark runs at 100% GPU usage

- I'm on high performance mode

15 hours ago, erzz said:

Hey, I've noticed that on some games (ARK and Valorant have been tested), I get Low GPU and Low CPU usage. Therefore low FPS.

The only way to increase my GPU usage is to increase my game settings.

Here are my specs

i5-7600K 
GTX 1060 6GB ASUS ROG
16GB 2133 MHz
Asus ROG Z270F
650W PSU
--
Windows 10 Version 1909

Let me tell you what I've done so far.
- I have uninstalled Graphics drivers and have installed the latest ones.
- I have updated my BIOS

- I've made sure that it's not a bottleneck from temperature or CPU - it's not

- I don't have an antivirus.

- FurMark runs at 100% GPU usage

- I'm on high performance mode

Can you try running other Games too? Like Battlefield 5 or something else thats very demanding. I know that Ark is pretty bad optimized, idk about valorant

On 4/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, AkSo2504 said:

Can you try running other Games too? Like Battlefield 5 or something else thats very demanding. I know that Ark is pretty bad optimized, idk about valorant

I ran BF5 just fine. GTAV too, COD MW, literally anything. My hardware should be running valorant at 240FPS+ and Ark at at least 60 fps

1 hour ago, erzz said:

I ran BF5 just fine. GTAV too, COD MW, literally anything. My hardware should be running valorant at 240FPS+ and Ark at at least 60 fps

then, i think you should try to find your answer on specific comunity forums for those 2 games... if you know your system runs fine then it has to be software related.

Maybe you have a single setting ticked in there that kills performance for some reason or something...

If all else fail and you are convinced that all your settings and hardware are proper and you know for a fact you should get better performance, and you do want to play those games really bad...complete format of your windows drive and re-install everything.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

19 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

then, i think you should try to find your answer on specific comunity forums for those 2 games... if you know your system runs fine then it has to be software related.

Maybe you have a single setting ticked in there that kills performance for some reason or something...

If all else fail and you are convinced that all your settings and hardware are proper and you know for a fact you should get better performance, and you do want to play those games really bad...complete format of your windows drive and re-install everything.

I'm in contact with both ARK and Riot, the issue is that they even did a test run on their own build with the same hardware and it ran fine. Windows won't even let me reset my PC for some reason. - I believe it's software related.