600w enought for vega?

Mr.Hans.-

So i am currently using a vega 56 with 64 bios and sometimes my screen turns off, my vega logo is still on but power lights are all off and this sometimes happened with -10% power limit and when discord is on but before i could get +50% power limit without crashes or anything, in event viewer i am getting kernel 41 error, i disabled fast startup, tried old drivers, new drivers, everything and it didn't work and i figured i could come here to ask for help. And i also tried switching different rails for power delivery and i didn't see difference between single rail and seperate rails in single rail "crash" happens quicker when in game and in seperate rails it happens later so here are my specs:

vega 56 w/ vega 64 bios (gpu is max 75C and memory gets up to 80C)

ryzen 5 2600 not overclocked (d.o.c.p is on)

2x8 3000 mhz ram (d.o.c.p is on)

psu: be quiet system power 9 600w

1x intel 660p 512 gb m.2 ssd

1x 120 gb ssd

ll-cc-120 rgb cpu cooler

2x arctic white fans at top, 1 be quiet fan at front and at back of the case

case: be quiet pure base 600

(english is not my native language sorry if i typed something wrong)

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

yes, 600W is enough.

but why does the "crash" happen then? Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't is it because of msi afterburner being in kernel mode or what?

5 minutes ago, Mr.Hans.- said:

psu: be quiet system power 9 600w

I don't know if the transient response of this PSU is good enough for the GPU, alternatively there could be an issue with the card BIOS.

@LukeSavenije may know about this PSU's performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

okay so i flashed my vega 64 bios to vega 64 liquid cooled now it looks to be fine but i get stutters in game and it takes long time to load and gpu wattage goes from 264w to 19-30w and back up and its really frustrating

edit: i just screenshotted the msi afterburner monitoring when i get stutters

https://imgur.com/a/e0qi1It

Edited by Mr.Hans.-

28 minutes ago, Mr.Hans.- said:

okay so i flashed my vega 64 bios to vega 64 liquid cooled now it looks to be fine but i get stutters in game and it takes long time to load and gpu wattage goes from 264w to 19-30w and back up and its really frustrating

edit: i just screenshotted the msi afterburner monitoring when i get stutters

https://imgur.com/a/e0qi1It

That's not caused by the PSU. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

That's not caused by the PSU. 

so what do you think it is? I mean if it were the psu it would crash every time but this happens sometimes not always