Iphone 5s Question

SquaredPit5
Go to solution Solved by macpro622776,

it is intentionally a thing on iphone and ipad to ignore touch on the very edge of the screen to prevent unwanted input when holding the phone on the edges.

No, it was only on the iPad Mini (both generations) and now also in the iPad Air to prevent unwanted inputs when you're holding the device on the edges. It does not apply for iPhone/iPod touch. Also, it uses intelligence to determine whether it is an intentional touch rather than an unwanted touch. It doesn't mean that content on the edges does not function as normal though.

@SquaredPit5: I'd go back to the place of purchase and explain the issue to them. It should still be covered under warranty.

To let you know this is my first apple product. On my phone close to 1/8 to 1/16th of an inch on the edge of the screen it does not respond when I'm in the settings or when I delete a pic. It does respond when I'm on the home screen and maybe other thing, but mostly with settings and deleting pics. Is this natural or is there something wrong with it? Like I side in the title it's a iPhone 5s and I just got a few days ago.

To let you know this is my first apple product. On my phone close to 1/8 to 1/16th of an inch on the edge of the screen it does not respond when I'm in the settings or when I delete a pic. It does respond when I'm on the home screen and maybe other thing, but mostly with settings and deleting pics. Is this natural or is there something wrong with it? Like I side in the title it's a iPhone 5s and I just got a few days ago.

wait are you talking about this problem ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2478893/How-accurate-iPhones-touchscreen-Not-Samsung-outdoes-Apple-tests-reveal-inaccurate-75-time.html

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well, recently I had an issue with my iPhone 5's screen going completely black. Siri would still activate however no screen functionality's would work. Try holding the power button and the home button simultaneously until the apple logo appears. This will put the phone through a full reset (no data loss) and might fix your issue.

//ccap

The BestBuy Mobile said this normal and post to act like this...also something with Ios. I can't remember correctly what they said, but that's what I remember.

The BestBuy Mobile said this normal and post to act like this...also something with Ios. I can't remember correctly what they said, but that's what I remember.

on all the edges of the screen or just one part

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

on all the edges of the screen or just one part

On the right side and a slight on the left side, but mostly the right side of the screen when I'm in settings, delete a pic, and texting.

On the right side and a slight on the left side, but mostly the right side of the screen when I'm in settings, delete a pic, and texting.

yes its an iphone5s  issue

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24916471#24916471

I never I had this problem on my Motorola Atrix 2. Everything else is fine on the iPhone 5s.

from what i understand its a common issue

go to the apple store and ask the guys there just to be sure

from what i understand its a common issue

go to the apple store and ask the guys there just to be sure

I'm going check someone elses iphone that is exactly like mine and see if they have the same problem. If they don't I'm replacing my phone for a new one.

I'm going check someone elses iphone that is exactly like mine and see if they have the same problem. If they don't I'm replacing my phone for a new one.

the issue is only on 5s and 5C phone i believe

♩♪♫♬And that's why you don't buy apple products♩♪♫♬

I also hate that brand.

If you're going to make useless posts, at least make them funny.

I did not even tried to be funny, just a fact, I hate apple and all of their products.

OP appreciates your helpful input on his issue

...NAHTTTT

ignore all the trolls above.

it is intentionally a thing on iphone and ipad to ignore touch on the very edge of the screen to prevent unwanted input when holding the phone on the edges.

i believe it is introduced on ios 4.0

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

No, it was only on the iPad Mini (both generations) and now also in the iPad Air to prevent unwanted inputs when you're holding the device on the edges. It does not apply for iPhone/iPod touch. Also, it uses intelligence to determine whether it is an intentional touch rather than an unwanted touch. It doesn't mean that content on the edges does not function as normal though.

@SquaredPit5: I'd go back to the place of purchase and explain the issue to them. It should still be covered under warranty.

i own an iphone 4 and iphone 5.

both does not detect touch on the very edge of the screen

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

i own an iphone 4 and iphone 5.

both does not detect touch on the very edge of the screen

That would be because you're touching the very edge of the screen, where there is no space for any sensors. It's the same on any touch screen device. It's not an intentional thing, it's simply a physical limitation.

That would be because you're touching the very edge of the screen, where there is no space for any sensors. It's the same on any touch screen device. It's not an intentional thing, it's simply a physical limitation.

i dont know where you are getting all the info you are sprouting. Do you really own an iphone or just rehashing what other people are saying.

as an example on iphone keyboard if you press Q or P towards the edge when tying, it wont register as an input.

i dont know where you are getting all the info you are sprouting. Do you really own an iphone or just rehashing what other people are saying.

as an example on iphone keyboard if you press Q or P towards the edge when tying, it wont register as an input.

Neither. I do own an iPod touch though which uses the same screen components and have no problem with it. It is simply a physical limitation that cannot be avoided unless you make the screen bezels wider. The same question goes to you - where do you get your information about it being intentional? If it was intentional, there wouldn't be any thing there that can be pressed, otherwise people would not be able to do things.

I also hate that brand. 

tumblr_inline_n0nmwp6cz11rrn3db.png

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I did replace my iPhone 5s and got a new one. Now everything is good now.

What, I can`t hate a stupid expensive brand that lock down their own devices ? 

No you can't if it doesn't contribute anything to the discussion. Sick and tired of simply hearing "I hate Apple" on this forum, it doesn't benefit anyone. OK if you hate it, you don't need to whinge on about it.