Memory Leak

Hi ! GoodMorning guys Been great being in this forum , still having this problem i dont even know what to call it the closest idea i can think of is Memory Leaking

I Play Dota 2 / World War Z whenever i have other apps to running along with the games i play like Google Chrome , Razer Synapse and Discord. While at gameplay  my memory tends to To go up in crazy  amount like it would start at 500 mb's and then spike up to 7.5 GB ( I only have one stick of 8 gb Ram ) So one Channel is really hard on me once it hits 90 % memory the game then spikes and lags as if my PC can't handle it although i have high enough CPU/GPU to play with this games.

Any of you guys have the same problem before ? or even now ? would really like to hear some opinions as how to fix this problem so i can enjoy my build even more. Thank you.

Well you shouldn't have games open along with other RAM hogs like Chrome for example with just 8GB of memory. Also the fact that it's single-channel means that you're losing some performance there as well.

Buy another similar 8GB stick of memory.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Well you shouldn't have games open along with other RAM hogs like Chrome for example with just 8GB of memory. Also the fact that it's single-channel means that you're losing some performance there as well.

Buy another similar 8GB stick of memory.

Unfortunately for me The Ram i bought has been discontinued and are all out of stock everywhere haha , I will be buying A ram with same latency and speed to hopefully jump my performance with my pc.

1 minute ago, Poka said:

Unfortunately for me The Ram i bought has been discontinued and are all out of stock everywhere haha , I will be buying A ram with same latency and speed to hopefully jump my performance with my pc.

Yeah generally you should be fine with a stick that runs at the same latency and frequency, it doesn't necessarily have to be the same brand.

You could even go for different timings/speed but your RAM will run at the speed and timings of the slower/looser memory stick.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah generally you should be fine with a stick that runs at the same latency and frequency, it doesn't necessarily have to be the same brand.

You could even go for different timings/speed but your RAM will run at the speed and timings of the slower/looser memory stick.

i'll take the safer bet and get the same latency and frequency , as i'd really like to feel the improvements ^_^ 

Appreciate your help man , will for sure thumbs up thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

i'll take the safer bet and get the same latency and frequency , as i'd really like to feel the improvements ^_^ 

Appreciate your help man , will for sure thumbs up thank you very much.

You're welcome man!