Raid install problems

I have a super micro x8dtu-f board in a 1u case. If I try to install Windows 10 pro on it with raid enabled in bios, it bluescreeens with a pnp watchdog error an reboots. If I set to ahci I can boot to install the os fine, but without any redundancy in this 4 drive system. The best I can achieve is 3 drives stripe-0 for storage and 1 drive to boot from. With raid enabled, the os doesn’t get to the first part of the install where it asks where to install everything, where it would ask for a raid driver

Do you have a raid card in the system? What raid card? The intel motherboard raidn isn't great.

Try a different os like server 2008r2 that was offically supported on that system.

If you want bootable raid id install a os that does software raid like proxmox and then put oses in vms.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:39 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have a raid card in the system? What raid card? The intel motherboard raidn isn't great.

Try a different os like server 2008r2 that was offically supported on that system.

If you want bootable raid id install a os that does software raid like proxmox and then put oses in vms.

Opted to install server 2008r2. Raid came up fine. Unfortunately now I have another problem. Any time I plug it into my router, after a few minutes everything else in the house loses connectivity, including the new server. I tried replacing the patch cable with a known working one. Same thing. Went into the bios and changed the network settings including disabling Pxe. Same thing. Has to be something on the board not working like the built in nic. I think I’ll replace is Monday or Tuesday, whenever Newegg can get a low profile one here. Any other suggestions?

9 hours ago, Banshee4711 said:

Opted to install server 2008r2. Raid came up fine. Unfortunately now I have another problem. Any time I plug it into my router, after a few minutes everything else in the house loses connectivity, including the new server. I tried replacing the patch cable with a known working one. Same thing. Went into the bios and changed the network settings including disabling Pxe. Same thing. Has to be something on the board not working like the built in nic. I think I’ll replace is Monday or Tuesday, whenever Newegg can get a low profile one here. Any other suggestions?

What do you mean by lossing connectevity? Is the link up? Can you ping devices? Is this a arp issue?

On 4/18/2020 at 8:08 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

What do you mean by lossing connectevity? Is the link up? Can you ping devices? Is this a arp issue?

Nm, was the entire mono giving up the ghost.... anytime I connected the net cable, packet loss to everything else would skyrocket a few seconds after unplugging, full speed ahead!