Will my 500w work "vega 64 or 56 "

hello, i'm upgrading my gpu from  my old rx 570, and i wanted to know if I can run vega 56,64 with an under volt for performance and power draw.

my psu can handle 420 on the 12v rail 

and here is my psu https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EM2W/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=smart+500w&qid=1586908626&sr=8-2

Vega 64 no.

500w is the official min for Vega 56 from AMD.  Note that Gigabyte has models of the V56 that recommend 650w PSUs, etc because of after market tuning.  So the specific Vega 56 card and how you tune it matters (undervolting is probably good, OCing is probably a horrible idea).

So as long as you confine yourself to AMD's stock power profile, then a conditional yes, depending on what else in your system.  I personally wouldn't, but that all comes down to personal comfort of running with little headroom on your PSU.

Just now, Egad said:

Vega 64 no.

500w is the official min for Vega 56 from AMD.  Note that Gigabyte has models of the V56 that recommend 650w PSUs, etc because of after market tuning.

So as long as you confine yourself to AMD's stock power profile, then a conditional yes, depending on what else in your system.  I personally wouldn't, but that all comes down to personal comfort of running with little headroom on your PSU.

i have a i5 8400 65 tdp 

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

TDP is not the power draw of the CPU. TDP Means Thermal Design Point which is the max amount of heat the CPU will expell.

Thanks for the information, as I am new to pc tech