GPU

xtriz200
Go to solution Solved by xtriz200,
2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

You are rocking a pentium for 2006/2007. At its time it was already a low end processor. So, you are going to be held back. Nothing you can do about that. 

ok one more question does it need to be connected to power supply? or directly? will 250 watts cann handle it?

What GPU should i use for Intel(r) dual core 3.0Ghz , 2gb ram. Pls reply

Laptop, desktop? What system do you have? Is it a prebuilt? What are you looking to do with the system? What processor do you have specifically?

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

6 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

What model number? Intel has made A LOT of dual core processors...

Yeah they did. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 4/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Laptop, desktop? What system do you have? Is it a prebuilt? What are you looking to do with the system? What processor do you have specifically?

Um mm its Pentium dual core E5700, 3.0 GHZ and MSI G41m-p26 motherboard, it is pre-built and has 250 watts of power supply and i am thinking of adding another 2 gigs stick(2gb + 2gb *double stick ram...) and what graphics card should i use, could it be Nvidia Geforce GT 610 and i am planning to play CS:GO on it?? will it work or power supply is not enough pls reply @Pickles-Lord of the Jar. sorry for late reply. :) BTW its a Pc *pretty old one* and i tried this spec in game debate and it says that i will run CS:GO in fairly good fps (LOW) 

this is my plan take a look:

pc.txt

Annotation 2020-04-17 154617.png

That system will work fine with a GT 610. 

13 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Thankyou, will there be any power supply problems or not?

6 minutes ago, xtriz200 said:

Thankyou, will there be any power supply problems or not?

GT 610 sips power. So no. 

3 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

GT 610 sips power. So no. 

Thank you so much for your help

17 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

@xtriz200 NO never buy a GT X10 series its a video adapter and not a graphics card. anything (except the GT 1030 ) that ends in 10,20,30,40 is total garbage and more like a video adapter if you dont have IG in your system and need somehow to put a signal on your screen. 

Try to find a GTX 750 or a GT 1030 or anything older than ends in 50

The gt 1030 is basically a display adapter as well the boss. 

6 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

The gt 1030 is basically a display adapter as well the boss. 

It has decent frame rates so I wouldn't compare it with the rest , it can play CSGO for example at triple digit FPS if you have mainly low settings at 1080p as where other 10,20,30,40 cards dont come even close to that.

All that being said its an entry level graphics card non the less. 

You have a fair point. I just thought it was some rebrand of a rebrand of a rebrand. 

2 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

You have a fair point. I just thought it was some rebrand of a rebrand of a rebrand. 

BTW i dont have much budget, will gt 610 work in csgo ? if yes how much fps? pls

It wont run all that great. 30 FPS most. If you are trying to play CSGO you want much higher than that. 

You can spend your money much more wisely on something else. I would get a GT 740
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GT-740-Superclocked-2GB-GDDR5-Video-Card/274331265979?hash=item3fdf6aebbb:g:PtQAAOSwqptejiAk

You can get them on ebay for about 50 bucks. MUCH better card. 

14 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

It wont run all that great. 30 FPS most. If you are trying to play CSGO you want much higher than that. 

You can spend your money much more wisely on something else. I would get a GT 740
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GT-740-Superclocked-2GB-GDDR5-Video-Card/274331265979?hash=item3fdf6aebbb:g:PtQAAOSwqptejiAk

You can get them on ebay for about 50 bucks. MUCH better card. 

Thank you man, will it be compatible with Pentium dual core E5700?

Just now, xtriz200 said:

Thank you man, will it be compatible with Pentium dual core E5700?

If the system has PCIe it will work. 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

If the system has PCIe it will work. 

Whats a PCle?

PCI express. It is a internconnect. Required for video cards to work. It is the blue slot on your board. 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

PCI express. It is a internconnect. Required for video cards to work. It is the blue slot on your board. 

Wait a min i will check

Just now, xtriz200 said:

Wait a min i will check

You gave me your board model. I looked it up and saw it. It is the blue slot. 

Just now, xtriz200 said:

Wait a min i will check

Yea i have a blue GPU slot

You gave me your board model. I looked it up and saw it. It is the blue slot. 

Ummm,I am from Nepal and the economy is busted here BTW thankyou for your suggestion,  i will buy gt 740

Just now, xtriz200 said:

Ummm,I am from Nepal and the economy is busted here BTW thankyou for your suggestion,  i will buy gt 740

That isn't what my comment meant. XD

Pentium dual core E5700, 3.0 GHZ and MSI G41m-p26 motherboard

You stated that earlier. I just googled your motherboard. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/g41m-p26/specification

That is your board. Saw the blue slot, read the specs. The blue slot on your board is the PCIe slot you will plug your card into. 

:) So all good. Don't expect mircales but the GT 740 will be a lot better than the GT 610. I would say you will get between 60-90 FPS at 1080p on that card. Not sure how much your processor will hold you back though. 

That isn't what my comment meant. XD

You stated that earlier. I just googled your motherboard. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/g41m-p26/specification

That is your board. Saw the blue slot, read the specs. The blue slot on your board is the PCIe slot you will plug your card into. 

:) So all good. Don't expect mircales but the GT 740 will be a lot better than the GT 610. I would say you will get between 60-90 FPS at 1080p on that card. Not sure how much your processor will hold you back though. 

Thank you, umm is it bottle necking?