Just Curious help

Randy B

So I want switch to my RX 5600XT to a RX 5700 non XT because I wanted better gaming performance on high frames. Would the 5700 non xt already be OCD? ,should I not touch it at all ? Or I should and if so what GHz should I put it to.  

Btw my cpu is a Ryzen5 3600

Are you aware the 5700 is only marginally faster then the 5600XT?  I wouldn't make that move unless your sitting on stack of cash you want to burn.

But to answer your question: some 5700's will come with a factory OC and some won't.  In either case you can still open AfterBurner and squeak out a few more MHz's.  How many more you can get will depend on your luck in the silicon lottery and your cooling setup.

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

5 minutes ago, Paroxy said:

Are you aware the 5700 is only marginally faster then the 5600XT?  I wouldn't make that move unless your sitting on stack of cash you want to burn.

But to answer your question: some 5700's will come with a factory OC and some won't.  In either case you can still open AfterBurner and squeak out a few more MHz's.  How many more you can get will depend on your luck in the silicon lottery and your cooling setup.

Yes I am aware but I don’t want to lack on playing on 4.2 GHz and worry that my CPU might overheat since there’s been tests done on OCing 5600xt. And usually OCing the 5600xt can make ur build overheat 

If you're worried about doing an OC, then don't.  It only makes a tiny difference in reality anyway. 

Just find a 5700 that has a higher base clock, like this one:

MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC 8GB

But if I were you... I'd want to sell the 5600XT for lets say $200 and use the $600 you were going to spend on a 5700 to get a something like a 2070 Super.

That will have noticeable boost in performance, and it isn't an AMD GPU so you can OC it without worrying your house will burn down.

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

6 minutes ago, Paroxy said:

If you're worried about doing an OC, then don't.  It only makes a tiny difference in reality anyway. 

Just find a 5700 that has a higher base clock, like this one:

MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC 8GB

But if I were you... I'd want to sell the 5600XT for lets say $200 and use the $600 you were going to spend on a 5700 to get a something like a 2070 Super.

That will have noticeable boost in performance, and it isn't an AMD GPU so you can OC it without worrying your house will burn down.

Alright Ill take note in that lmaooo thanks