'Battery Low' notification when plugged in

Go to solution Solved by ooof.u,

Hey ❤️

If your laptop is always plugged in, you should consider taking of the battery and only putting it back in whenever you need it.

About the "low battery" notification, I'm not sure what could it be, maybe it's your battery going nuts? Anyways, what you can do is disable that notification, there's plenty of videos on youtube teaching you how :) (I'm pretty sure that if you take off the battery, the notification won't appear anymore, give it a try!)

The black screen shutdown might be a CPU related issue, since your laptop is 6 years old and you are forcing your CPU to do those heavy tasks, it might turn off instantly because it can't hold everything.

I know that this is easy to say, but maybe you should consider getting a new one, seems like your little buddy is saying goodbye ;(

My advice is to start using spotify and discord on your phone, that way your CPU doesn't need to have as much work.

Anyways, good luck and I hope your friend can atleast live some more months or years! 😁

Hi everyone,

My computer often shows a notification with : "Battery Low". This notification appears and then disappears almost instantaneously. The problem is : my laptop's always plugged in.... *sad noises*

Something else is strange : my computer crashes randomly to a black screen, complete shut down and no restart (unless I start it by myself, pushing the power button)....

Thermals are high but not too much, just reaching 90°C (max temp = 100°C) at peek use (Minecraft + Minecraft server [4 players] + Discord + Spotify in background).

Can someone help me find what is going on here ?

My laptop is a bit old (6 years this November), I don't consider buying a new one for now (I'm gonna go in engineering studies so I'll wait until a school tells me what computer specs to choose).

Tell me if you already had this problem and if you could help me.

FYI : I already changed the thermal paste (November 2019), I changed from 8GB to 12GB of DDR3 RAM (4GB soldered + 4GB on stick, to 4GB soldered + 8GB on stick so now it is single-channel), I cleaned my computer and removed every bit of dust in it, all my drivers are the latest available, my BIOS is updated to its latest available version too, I already changed my battery once 2 years ago (the original is dead).

I really need help. Please consider helping me or just giving me an advice and/or some feedback from your experience.

Honestly, with a computer that old, it might just be your battery is giving out. Laptops aren't meant to last more than 4-5 years anymore (often less)

F@H    EOC

Hey ❤️

If your laptop is always plugged in, you should consider taking of the battery and only putting it back in whenever you need it.

About the "low battery" notification, I'm not sure what could it be, maybe it's your battery going nuts? Anyways, what you can do is disable that notification, there's plenty of videos on youtube teaching you how :) (I'm pretty sure that if you take off the battery, the notification won't appear anymore, give it a try!)

The black screen shutdown might be a CPU related issue, since your laptop is 6 years old and you are forcing your CPU to do those heavy tasks, it might turn off instantly because it can't hold everything.

I know that this is easy to say, but maybe you should consider getting a new one, seems like your little buddy is saying goodbye ;(

My advice is to start using spotify and discord on your phone, that way your CPU doesn't need to have as much work.

Anyways, good luck and I hope your friend can atleast live some more months or years! 😁

1 hour ago, ooof.u said:

Hey ❤️

Anyways, good luck and I hope your friend can atleast live some more months or years! 😁

I'll try removing the battery. Anyways I'll get a new in the next two months so... I just hope my laptop will survive until then.

Thanks for your advice and support for my laptop 😁

2 hours ago, jctappel67 said:

Honestly, with a computer that old, it might just be your battery is giving out. Laptops aren't meant to last more than 4-5 years anymore (often less)

That's what I was thinking, I now hope it will survive the next two months until I get a new one.

Thanks for your answer 😁