Budget build $400ish

I'm in the us. I'd like to stay as close to $400 without peripherals as possible. It would be strictly for gaming. Mainly games like ark, atlas, last oasis. I have no problem at all with used parts just don't know what to buy. I can physically assemble the machine I just don't know what parts to buy to make it work. I already have a new 2.5" 250g ssd and a 1tb hybrid ssd. I also have a older asus g751j I don't mind cannibalizing if it can be used in any way. I work on manufacturing equipment. I'm perfectly comfortable building stuff I just need advice on what parts to use. I would also like this to be a build project for my daughter and myself as well. So some extra work is ok. Thank you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Since you already have storage, this is pretty much okay. Though, if you can find a 1600AF(About $85), you can get a higher budget for a used GPU. at that point you will have $70 more fore the GPU which is around the ballpark of RX570 or RX480(which is practically near the performance of a 580) Having less than 16gb ram right now is determinal to the performance of some games as some of them easily consumes up to 12gb which will cause a lot of stuttering in games. if you can raise your budget to about 450, then you can get the above build plus that $80 used GPU.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I went a few bucks over, but since this gear can be had at this price, I frankly wouldn't settle for less.

If you went the used route, you might save a few bucks on an RX 570 or may find an RX 580 for about this price.

If your daughter doesn't need an graphics card for gaming. Then replace the CPU on one of the builds above with this AMD Ryzen 3 3200G https://pcpartpicker.com/product/J8drxr/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3200c5fhbox ($94.99) then remove the GPU. All the builds above with the `AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor` are really good. So just take the one you're gonna get for yourself and replace the CPU and remove the GPU for your daughter. Not sure she needs to game. The 3200g can also play some games (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWc2hPOK-KM) LowSpecGamer. 

The CPU isn't as good as the other ones but for your daughter I'd see it doing well!

2 hours ago, Stoigeboiii said:

If your daughter doesn't need an graphics card for gaming. Then replace the CPU on one of the builds above with this AMD Ryzen 3 3200G https://pcpartpicker.com/product/J8drxr/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3200c5fhbox ($94.99) then remove the GPU. All the builds above with the `AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor` are really good. So just take the one you're gonna get for yourself and replace the CPU and remove the GPU for your daughter. Not sure she needs to game. The 3200g can also play some games (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWc2hPOK-KM) LowSpecGamer. 

The CPU isn't as good as the other ones but for your daughter I'd see it doing well!

The post says in the first line that it is strictly for gaming

8 hours ago, Tamgam12 said:

It would be strictly for gaming. Mainly games like ark, atlas, last oasis.

If a GPU and a 6 core SMT CPU and a high settings 1080p GPU can be had within budget, this is absolutely poor advice.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have been looking on the used market for GPUs. I may be looking in the wrong places, but what I can see it's only like $20 bucks less for uses. Why would anyone pay that? Any advice on where to find used parts?

7 hours ago, trevb0t said:

The post says in the first line that it is strictly for gaming

If a GPU and a 6 core SMT CPU and a high settings 1080p GPU can be had within budget, this is absolutely poor advice.

Do you think this used about 3months is worth $600?

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I59600K Desktop ...Desktop Processor

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B

Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ...Primary Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVGB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GAMING, 04G-P4-1057-KR, 4GB GDDR5, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate
Thermaltake View 31 Dual Tempered Glass ATX Tt LCS Certified Black Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with 3 RGB Front Fans

CORSAIR TX-M Series TX550M CP-9020133-NA 550W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply

10 hours ago, Tamgam12 said:

Do you think this used about 3months is worth $600?

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I59600K Desktop ...Desktop Processor

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B

Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ...Primary Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVGB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GAMING, 04G-P4-1057-KR, 4GB GDDR5, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate
Thermaltake View 31 Dual Tempered Glass ATX Tt LCS Certified Black Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with 3 RGB Front Fans

CORSAIR TX-M Series TX550M CP-9020133-NA 550W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply

If it's all working correctly, certainly.

I'd venture to say for $600 you'd be hard pressed to find better. All new, that's around an $850+ build.

Do you know which CPU cooler it has? Which case?

For critique, I would say that if I were building new, I would not pick an i5 in the current climate. Zen 2 makes more sense, and i5's are overpriced.

That said the 9600K is overclockable, 6 cores... There isn't a issue with it. It's solid. That's a solid MOBO and PSU, so there is overclock potential in the future. That means assumed longevity.

This is more machine than the above builds. Certain aspects like the TX power supply, the WD Black NVMe drive, SC Ultra GPU cooler, etc. are all reasonably high end pieces. However if you wanted to build new, the 1600AF and an RX 580/590 would be similar in performance, and could be had for around the same or less if we were cutting back bells and whistles like that.

If you don't want to build, and know it's working / it's not doing any thing weird or making weird noise, you could certainly tell yourself you've gotten a solid deal.

10 hours ago, trevb0t said:

If it's all working correctly, certainly.

I'd venture to say for $600 you'd be hard pressed to find better. All new, that's around an $850+ build.

Do you know which CPU cooler it has? Which case?

For critique, I would say that if I were building new, I would not pick an i5 in the current climate. Zen 2 makes more sense, and i5's are overpriced.

That said the 9600K is overclockable, 6 cores... There isn't a issue with it. It's solid. That's a solid MOBO and PSU, so there is overclock potential in the future. That means assumed longevity.

This is more machine than the above builds. Certain aspects like the TX power supply, the WD Black NVMe drive, SC Ultra GPU cooler, etc. are all reasonably high end pieces. However if you wanted to build new, the 1600AF and an RX 580/590 would be similar in performance, and could be had for around the same or less if we were cutting back bells and whistles like that.

If you don't want to build, and know it's working / it's not doing any thing weird or making weird noise, you could certainly tell yourself you've gotten a solid deal.

Thank you. You have been a big help.