Turn caseless laptop into under the desk steam nas?

i have a laptop mobo that i can boot up easily and boot from a usb3 drive leaving the 3tb hdd untouched. it has gigabit ethernet and its a decent intel one and the cpu is a i5 3360m. is this good enough to run it as a nas connected directly to my switch that also connects to my 3 pcs and my living room pc. the idea is that because i bought a few copies of cod and some steam games and my cousin just moved in after almost being homeless i figured theres 5 of us here now why not game together.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

I assume the goal here is a Steam Cache. Assuming the Steam Cache software doesn't mind using a USB device for storage it should suffice. You will hit multiple bottlenecks if all of you try to access the cache at once but otherwise it should work.

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I assume the goal here is a Steam Cache. Assuming the Steam Cache software doesn't mind using a USB device for storage it should suffice. You will hit multiple bottlenecks if all of you try to access the cache at once but otherwise it should work.

i have a 3tb hdd to use for the game storage and i was thinking a shared library so non of the games have to be on any of the pc's actual storage like use it a shared G drive full of the shared steam games, assuming that steam doesnt expect us to load from a seperated library even though the games have all been bought on the 3 accounts.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

9 hours ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

i have a 3tb hdd to use for the game storage and i was thinking a shared library so non of the games have to be on any of the pc's actual storage like use it a shared G drive full of the shared steam games, assuming that steam doesnt expect us to load from a seperated library even though the games have all been bought on the 3 accounts.

This won't work well at all. The overhead of the networking protocols is too high for any large game. If it worked the experience would be terrible. You're much better off keeping it on local storage. If you want to setup a Steam Cache so everyone can download the games faster then that's an option.