Trying to pick a new monitor

harryberry272

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could recommend me some monitors got 2 monitors at the moment but they both aren’t amazing and one is definitely on its way out. I’m thinking of replacing the 2 with one bigger wide or ultra wide monitor, haven’t got an amazing budget and I’m okay with buying second had, just want to know if anyone could recommend an affordable one that’s still had decent colours and viewing angles as this is what my monitors are lacking quite a lot at the moment. 

Just now, harryberry272 said:

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could recommend me some monitors got 2 monitors at the moment but they both aren’t amazing and one is definitely on its way out. I’m thinking of replacing the 2 with one bigger wide or ultra wide monitor, haven’t got an amazing budget and I’m okay with buying second had, just want to know if anyone could recommend an affordable one that’s still had decent colours and viewing angles as this is what my monitors are lacking quite a lot at the moment. 

What res? What refresh? What size? What budget? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

6 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

What res? What refresh? What size? What budget? 

Res would be anything 1080p And above would like a higher refresh rate then 60hz probs 90 or above and size not too sure something big enough to replace 2 smaller screens nicely probably 30 inch or more and my budget is set exactly yet as I will probably look for one cheaper second hand but wouldn’t really want to pay more then £200

6 minutes ago, harryberry272 said:

Res would be anything 1080p And above would like a higher refresh rate then 60hz probs 90 or above and size not too sure something big enough to replace 2 smaller screens nicely probably 30 inch or more and my budget is set exactly yet as I will probably look for one cheaper second hand but wouldn’t really want to pay more then £200

Go to amazon and search up the:'Sceptre-C305W-2560UN' or 'Philips-328E9QJAB' Best deals you could probably find, just at/under your budget, and they are 30/32 inches, 85hz refresh, curved, and have good color reproduction's (especially the Philips). Even though the panels are VA, and they likely will have some ghosting problems, at 200 euros this is probably the best you can get

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

9 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

Go to amazon and search up the:'Sceptre-C305W-2560UN' or 'Philips-328E9QJAB' Best deals you could probably find, just at/under your budget, and they are 30/32 inches, 85hz refresh, curved, and have good color reproduction's (especially the Philips). Even though the panels are VA, and they likely will have some ghosting problems, at 200 euros this is probably the best you can get

If you don’t mind me asking what do u mean by ghosting?

1 minute ago, harryberry272 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what do u mean by ghosting?

ghosting is pretty much when the backlight led's in the monitor make it so that there is a kinda dim white light past where light should be, such as a white light from a tab leaking into a black background

2 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

ghosting is pretty much when the backlight led's in the monitor make it so that there is a kinda dim white light past where light should be, such as a white light from a tab leaking into a black background

Oh nice, also can’t find the spectre on amazon is it not available in the uk?

1 hour ago, harryberry272 said:

Oh nice, also can’t find the spectre on amazon is it not available in the uk?

I'm not sure. I'm IN the US so I can't say

I'm using AOC Q3279VWFD8. It's 32", IPS QHD, FreeSync, but it's only 75Hz - which is fine for me, since I'm not gaming much. I'm using it for 7 months now and so far I'm not having issues, except this particular one with the display port - it got loose and now it's not working, so I'm using the HDMI for now, until I return it for a fix.

I'm a web developer by occupation and overall tech nerd by interests.
Check out my PC builds in PCPartPicker