PC shut down suddenly

Ashinori

My specs :

I9-9900k water-cooled with a Corsair H150i Pro

Aorus Z390 Master

16 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royale 3200MHz cl14

Asus GTX 1080Ti OC

Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850W.

I built it in November so all the parts are only 5-6 months old.
I constantly monitor the temps and the GPU never goes above 55°C, the CPU stays in the high 50s/low 60s

I was just playing Monster Hunter World, and without any warning my PC shut down instantly. It never happened before. Now I can't turn it back on. The Rgb on my RAM is working, and the power leds on my GPU too.

I've tried unplugging the cord and pressing the power button for a minute but it still won't turn on.

Thank you in advance for your help 

32 minutes ago, Ashinori said:

My specs :

I9-9900k water-cooled with a Corsair H150i Pro

Aorus Z390 Master

16 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royale 3200MHz cl14

Asus GTX 1080Ti OC

Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850W.

I built it in November so all the parts are only 5-6 months old.
I constantly monitor the temps and the GPU never goes above 55°C, the CPU stays in the high 50s/low 60s

I was just playing Monster Hunter World, and without any warning my PC shut down instantly. It never happened before. Now I can't turn it back on. The Rgb on my RAM is working, and the power leds on my GPU too.

I've tried unplugging the cord and pressing the power button for a minute but it still won't turn on.

Thank you in advance for your help 

Me believes your PSU might have gotten shocked.  A CPU doesn't just die like that especially at your temps.  Can you check your motherboard for a red light ?  There is a red lights for RAM or for CPU and this way you will know what is the problem.  Also check the error code the motherboard gives.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

25 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Me believes your PSU might have gotten shocked.  A CPU doesn't just die like that especially at your temps.  Can you check your motherboard for a red light ?  There is a red lights for RAM or for CPU and this way you will know what is the problem.  Also check the error code the motherboard gives.

I think you're right. There was no red light on the Motherboard. 

I tried with an old PSU I had lying around, and now the PC boots. What do you reckon could be the reason for an abrupt PSU failure? 

Thank you for your help. 

1 minute ago, Ashinori said:

I think you're right. There was no red light on the Motherboard. 

I tried with an old PSU I had lying around, and now the PC boots. What do you reckon could be the reason for an abrupt PSU failure? 

Thank you for your help. 

Well the PSU could have been a defective one prone to die.  Also Im not going to bash Seasonic but they aren't the greatest of PSU's and what not.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

1 hour ago, Mike Tyson said:

Well the PSU could have been a defective one prone to die.  Also Im not going to bash Seasonic but they aren't the greatest of PSU's and what not.

Oh I didn't know about that. Usually I went with beQuiet! For PSUs but I had heard so many good things about the Seasonic Prime series that it encouraged be to try it. Also there's a 12 years warranty so I was expecting quality. 

Well now I just have to RMA it, thank you for your time! 

1 minute ago, Ashinori said:

Oh I didn't know about that. Usually I went with beQuiet! For PSUs but I had heard so many good things about the Seasonic Prime series that it encouraged be to try it. Also there's a 12 years warranty so I was expecting quality. 

Well now I just have to RMA it, thank you for your time! 

So sorry this had to happen to you but its ok go outdoors enjoy nature, go for walks and in no time the RMA will happen and youll have a turn around time of 2 weeks or less.