Adjusting voltages after intel locks voltages

I want to adjust my laptops voltages and I personally dont see plundervolt as a risk in my case. I have nothing of value on my laptop and dont use it for anything other then gaming, I dont save any passwords on it and there is little to no reason for a hacker to bother hacking me. So I dont want to have the voltages locked because my laptop gets really really hot, Im using a Dell G7 7790, so its nothing new. the undervolts I had prior to the patch increased my laptops performace by roughly 20% and I would really like to get that back as I am no getting large amounts of stuttering in games without it. I have tried downdating the BIOS back to when I was able to adjust voltages but for some reason Im still not able to adjust anything. 

what do I do?

That was a microcode update for the CPU, so downgrading the BIOS isn't enough. You'd have to find a way to downgrade the CPUs microcode.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

After you installed the previous BIOS did you go into the BIOS and select the reset to defaults option?  That trick works for some people.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, unclewebb said:

After you installed the previous BIOS did you go into the BIOS and select the reset to defaults option?  That trick works for some people.

I havent tried that yet however I dont think it will do much... Its dell were talking here, their BIOS has less options then Mac

On 4/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, Eigenvektor said:

That was a microcode update for the CPU, so downgrading the BIOS isn't enough. You'd have to find a way to downgrade the CPUs microcode.

How do I do that?

25 minutes ago, Ndwolfy780 said:

How do I do that?

I don't know, sorry. I assume the BIOS has some checks in place that prevent certain parts of it from being downgraded.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

10 hours ago, Ndwolfy780 said:

I havent tried that yet however I dont think it will do much

Don't be negative.  Other users with Dell laptops have been able to restore under volting by going back to the previous BIOS.

There is also another trick for Dell laptops that unlocks under volting while running the latest BIOS versions.  My first suggestion is easier.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, unclewebb said:

Don't be negative.  Other users with Dell laptops have been able to restore under volting by going back to the previous BIOS.

There is also another trick for Dell laptops that unlocks under volting while running the latest BIOS versions.  My first suggestion is easier.

Sorry for the late reply, but damn you were right! Thank you so much! I went back to the factory settings and now im able to undervolt! Im sorry for doubting you. Thanks so much for the help! Im gonna try that USB flash one as unlocking overclocking sounds sweet as hell. Thank you so much! I actually checked through all of the settings in the BIOS between the defult setting and the factory setting and theres no diffrence, theres obviosuly some background stuff happening with it. Which makes it feel really cheasy. But either way it works so thank you very much!

8 hours ago, Ndwolfy780 said:

unlocking overclocking sounds sweet

What CPU do you have?  The 8750H and 9750H have a locked multiplier so they cannot be overclocked.  If you have under volting back, there is no need to do those other tricks.  If voltage control is back then even if you had an unlocked K series CPU like the 9980HK, there is still no reason to unlock anything.  It is already unlocked.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:24 AM, unclewebb said:

What CPU do you have?  The 8750H and 9750H have a locked multiplier so they cannot be overclocked.  If you have under volting back, there is no need to do those other tricks.  If voltage control is back then even if you had an unlocked K series CPU like the 9980HK, there is still no reason to unlock anything.  It is already unlocked.

I have a 9750H, but wouldnt unlocking using the method the guy is talking about be able to by pass that? Or is that another step further? because I know they are locked via micro coding (as far as I know), what I dont know is the method hes unlocking it would change that.

The 9750H has a locked multiplier.  You cannot unlock it.

Unlock refers to unlocking voltage control.  You have CPU voltage control working for you already so no need to unlock anything.   Your CPU is already unlocked as much as it can be unlocked.  

12 hours ago, unclewebb said:

The 9750H has a locked multiplier.  You cannot unlock it.

Unlock refers to unlocking voltage control.  You have CPU voltage control working for you already so no need to unlock anything.   Your CPU is already unlocked as much as it can be unlocked.  

damn well that sucks. But thanks for the help though!