Something wrong with internet

So I moved home from uni recently where my chrome loaded pages just fine and steam would load. Now when I'm hooked up with ethernet at home, chrome takes multiple refreshes to load a page or loads really slowly, steam now acts up sometimes saying i'm invisible, but I know the internet works because discord is working just fine and edge loads pages like normal.

I've reinstalled chrome, checked for driver updates, checked for malware, and nothing has worked. I don't really know what to try next

Try go to the ip (Open CMD - ipconfig - find IPV4 - put in browser ) change the region you are in.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

is the ethernet port giving you a static or dynamic local ip? Check your router in the gateway settings. There could be a misconfiguration. you could also call your ISP or reset the router

That is basicly what i said @Saksham

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Just make sure the network adapters TCP/IPv4 properties are set to DHCP. That basically means putting a dot next to these two options

"Obtain an IP address automatically"

"Obtain DNS server addresses automatically"

I suspect you might have DNS addresses manually typed in to whatever University specified them. That would in theory explain slow DNS resolution at home, but not while at the University.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:10 PM, BrushyYT said:

That is basicly what i said @Saksham

thats not at all what I said. I said check the DHCP configuration. you are talking about region. those are totally different things.