Problems with my 5700XT

aceyx3

Hey, guys!

I'm a streamer (I play CSGO, Apex, PUBG and used to stream them), a small streamer on twitch. I bought 5700XT thinking it would help me with my streaming goals ahead, but it turned out absolute bummer.

PC Specifications:-

Processor- AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Motherboard:- MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX

RAM:- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB

Storage:- Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SSD)

GPU:- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

PSU:- 500Watts (About 4 years old, but works flawlessly on my RX480)

AMD software Version:- Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended (WHQL)

Updated the Chipset, and everything I could.

So, I bought the gpu from amazon on the first day of sale, back in July. The problems were from the start, thought it was a new technology and it will mature with time. Gave it a month, and it was still same, by this time my RMA time period was over. Even if I wanted to RMA the card, I had to pay around $200 just to return it from India to the Amazon USA department. Therefore I thought, I will keep the card and let it mature, remember by this time I couldn't play a single game, yes; a single game. Constant flickers, stuttering, crashing just on game menu of Tom Clancy's Division 2.

I can't even play anything, absolutely nothing. What I did to resolve the problem(s)?

I took the gpu and put it in my brother's computer, he has 850 watts PSU, it didn't work.

Changed the PCIEx16 to GEN3 in Bios, still didn't work.

Tried roll-backing to previous drivers, same as above.

Checked if the GPU wasn't placed properly or something, it was perfectly fitted in, but it didn't work again.

Tried changing the HZ, my monitor only supports upto 75HZ, so I put it down at 60HZ, still it didn't work.

The temperatures of the GPU were at normal 30-40, because I couldn't even a play any game, or put some load on the GPU to actually raise the temps, so they were normal.

The PSU cables are actually not daisy chained, they both come from two different cables, 8 and 6.

I don't know what to do with the card, I bought a $400 gpu and can't even do anything, can't play game, nothing.

Please, if someone can help me out, I'll glad to do something with the gpu, phew!

Here's a video, with my current desktop status, and Wattman settings, and winver.

https://youtu.be/w0sz8-mbYJg

Sounds like you got a faulty GPU. You've had it for a while though so it's gonna be hard for you to return it or anything. Maybe contact Amazon and see what they can do

4 minutes ago, Perrin said:

Sounds like you got a faulty GPU. You've had it for a while though so it's gonna be hard for you to return it or anything. Maybe contact Amazon and see what they can do

Well you should have like a 3 year warranty so call the manufacturer and setup a RMA. 

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

4 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Well you should have like a 3 year warranty so call the manufacturer and setup a RMA. 

Good point I didnt think about warranty

Are you using DisplayPort to connect to your monitor, or HDMI? There are a couple monitors that can cause issues with their DisplayPort implementations.

In general though, I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer of the GPU (which is NOT AMD) and see what they can do for you. The manufacturer partners will generally be able to handle the replacement very easily. If you're lucky, they may even be able to upgrade you to one of their AIB board versions, which is way better than the reference cooler in 99% of cases.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms