Mixed gpu, no picture issues

Sophia_Borjia

rx5700xt and geforce 1050.

5700 works, put 1050 in other slot and no picture on reboot.  had 1050 in it before with both cards installed, took out after installing drivers for 5700. 

I seem to only be able to get signal from 1050 if both installed. 

I was going to put in old card to help with folding@home, is this known thing or driver issues or just weird fluke?

2 hours ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

rx5700xt and geforce 1050.

5700 works, put 1050 in other slot and no picture on reboot.  had 1050 in it before with both cards installed, took out after installing drivers for 5700. 

I seem to only be able to get signal from 1050 if both installed. 

I was going to put in old card to help with folding@home, is this known thing or driver issues or just weird fluke?

AMD and Nvidia drivers notoriously hate each other. You pretty much have to entirely remove the drivers of one brand before using the other.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

Hmm, that would explain it.  Last time I mixed amd and nvidia was far enough back nvidia made amd chipsets, lol.

I'll just fold on different motherboard with each card.