Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge stop receiving updates four years after launch

9 hours ago, Goliath_1911 said:

And about the iphones slowing down with updates, i said that cause to of my friends , 1 ain`t tech savvy, and the other is, both had their iphones 6 slow down and experience lags within their 2nd year, they tried changing the battiers, other stuff

9 hours ago, Goliath_1911 said:

wouldnt be surprised if 1 year later my phone suddenly became laggy and slow as fuck even tho it is smooth as fuck right now and has 0 issues

For longevity, maybe 1GB isn't the greatest, though if your playing the more recent games, they're going to be laggier since the game requires more resources to run. Its the reason why that Core 2 Solo that somebody may have can't play the latest and greatest. If you want to complain to someone about your iPhone 6 not being able to play "that game that you dream of playing", Don't complain to the manufacturer, they made the hardware for what they had at that time. Complain to the game developers instead, Though your better off not bothering since they want to make the game look good.

✨FNIGE✨

8 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

For longevity, maybe 1GB isn't the greatest, though if your playing the more recent games, they're going to be laggier since the game requires more resources to run. Its the reason why that Core 2 Solo that somebody may have can't play the latest and greatest. If you want to complain to someone about your iPhone 6 not being able to play "that game that you dream of playing", Don't complain to the manufacturer, they made the hardware for what they had at that time. Complain to the game developers instead, Though your better off not bothering since they want to make the game look good.

i didnt talk about gaming, just in general, all phones stutter in games , especially when they start getting hot

On 4/8/2020 at 7:10 PM, Goliath_1911 said:

I didn`t say go out and spend 1k on a new phone every year, tho i get ur point , its pointless to change a phone every year, as i said i still got my s7 and for now there is nothing that i consider to be a big bump from my phone to pay $1000, i`ld rather spend that on getting a beefier pc (which i did).

And about the iphones slowing down with updates, i said that cause to of my friends , 1 ain`t tech savvy, and the other is, both had their iphones 6 slow down and experience lags within their 2nd year, they tried changing the battiers, other stuff, still.They ended up getting other phones. This is not just with iphones, all other phones,i got my mom a new galaxy s5 on her birthday, 2 years later , after a couple of updates , it became slow and sluggish. They all do that, but now after apple got caught, they all got scared and toned down on the updates that slow them up, wouldnt be surprised if 1 year later my phone suddenly became laggy and slow as fuck even tho it is smooth as fuck right now and has 0 issues.

They can`t sell new iphones or galaxies if the old ones kept running great....

I've had iPhones since the 3GS run them for a few years then upgrade. Never had a serious slowdown issue with any of them, including on the beta program. Obviously you expect performance to dip over time as software gets harder to run but I've not had an iPhone feel sluggish even when in the battery depleted safety mode thing. Apple got in trouble for the battery health thing which is the right thing to do, not for slowing phones down with software. They were slowed down due to battery degradation and would enter that state unless the phone had crashed due to the battery. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?