Systems compatibility on devices

Ahmad H.
Go to solution Solved by Pickles von Brine,

The answer to every single one of those questions is no. 

Well, Linux is a maybe on an android tablet. But an iPad it is a complete no. iPads are locked down. There have been hacks to install an OS on them but it is highly experimental and is more unstable than Kurt Cobain. Not to mention it requires a lot of effort to pull off. Apple does not want you to install anything but iOS on their ipads. 

For the android tablets, you could get linux to work, but I would imagine it being a nightmare. You have to get drivers and stuff to work as well. Cannot imagine it being simple. 

what you guys think about these questions one of my friends asked me:

Can windows, linux, chrome os, or android be installed on any ipad device?

Can I install windows, linux, or chrome os on a tablet that has android installed?

Can I virtualize any of these systems mentioned above on any tablet or ipad?

ALL THIS WITHOUT USING ANY DEVICE AS A REMOTE ACCESS

The answer to every single one of those questions is no. 

Well, Linux is a maybe on an android tablet. But an iPad it is a complete no. iPads are locked down. There have been hacks to install an OS on them but it is highly experimental and is more unstable than Kurt Cobain. Not to mention it requires a lot of effort to pull off. Apple does not want you to install anything but iOS on their ipads. 

For the android tablets, you could get linux to work, but I would imagine it being a nightmare. You have to get drivers and stuff to work as well. Cannot imagine it being simple. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

14 hours ago, Ahmad H. said:

Can windows, linux, chrome os, or android be installed on any ipad device?

No. Apple devices are locked to the core.

Can I install windows, linux, or chrome os on a tablet that has android installed?

Yes and no. With Windows you would need to use ARM version and probably fight to get drivers working. Its hard enough to reinstall Windows on Windows 2-in-1 device. The others you can, if you root and find compatible version. Driver support can still be iffy.

Can I virtualize any of these systems mentioned above on any tablet or ipad?

Yes, but usability will be very, very low. Running VM on anything requires quite a bit from system. And I think you would still need to use ARM versions (sorry, I'm not experienced in VMs).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv