Package Loss Dilema

Aderalia

Hi,

So i am having a strange problem with one of my computers. It has very high package Loss to every server or service (including Local IPs). Problem exists since about a week (more like 10 days), running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Version 1803 (it tells me thats the newest version, even tho thats not true) [Update: After forced Update i am running 1909 now, problem wasn't solved :( ]

Network adapter is a Intel I219v Connected via Cat.6a cable to a Netgear Prosafe switch.

So my first thought was just restart everything since it seems to be an internal problem. That didn't help. I am know certain the problem is either with the PCs Hardware, since other machines on the same Cable work just fine (tested it with my laptop) or just software related.

I tried disabling things that sometimes cause issues like IPv6 as well as Checksum offloading for both TCP and UDP. This actually seemed to help a little since i dropped from 25-30% of incoming package loss to 1-6% with spikes up to 10 % during high CPU Load.

In Short:

I have a lot of incoming package loss on a single machine from every server i have tested, pretty sure its a software/client Hardware issue.

Does anybody have any ideas what i could try to fix this? If nothing helps im going to reinstall Windows since im also having some even stranger HDMI audio problems with this machine...

More Specs:

i5-6600K

Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Motherboard

16 GB RAM

AMD R9 290 X GPU (i think)

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

i won't be able to help you but you should post all specs so others can help you better i could be some weird know bug with a cpu 

It has worked fine until last week :( But you are right, a bit more info cant Hurt :)

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

i mean did you update the bios recently if so that could have caused the problem any recent update could be the problem

Nothing that i would be aware of, Windows update maybe. I did install a "new" GPU driver since the one in this machine is OCed to the moon and back by ASUS and doens't run the ones directly from AMD very well.

Despite the fact that its an Enterpise OS Windows still installs some updates without telling me so i probably have to go through the update logs, maybe i can find something there. Also i am going to try and force an update since 1803 is kinda old... Not sure why it doesn't allow me to update the regular way.

Just now, AMD1234 said:

try System restore

Don't have a somewhat recent point unfortunately, i generally don't back up Windows since i have to reinstall it every couple of years anyway :) 

But i might be able to use a system generated one in case it actually was a update i missed.

you could us like duplicat to back up the machine and set it up completly new if you have the time 

I was hoping someone might have an idea regarding narrowing down the Problem firs. If its a broken NIC i have to swap out hardware before i reinstall to avoid bits of old drivers hanging around :)

I usually do a bit by bit image of my boot drive once all the drivers are installed to have a known good role back point and then end up not updating out of pure laziness 😅

Small update on the OS Version: I forced an update via powershell and now im on Version 1909, still the same Problem :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up:

I put a different NIC in the system (Intel i350-Something i think), and still had the same issue.

I sanity checked with a Linux Live install and the package lost was gone...

I reinstalled windows from scratch and it worked fine, only problem: the only installer i have for the Enterprise Version of Windows is 1604 and Microsoft doesn't give them out anymore...

As soon as it was up to date the problem returned.

Booted from Linux again -> No package loss anymore

I updated this system to use a Windows Insider build, that seems to have fixed it for now.

I am really starting to get pretty mad with Windows... Nothing but trouble for the last years...