Hp refresh cycle

I want to buy a new laptop. I decided to go for the hp Spectre x360 15"(the one with the 9750h and gtx 1650). Today intel realised the 10th gen mobile chips. I was wondering if hp is going to refresh their laptop with new professors till July. Considering MSI is going to do that on April 15th, the chips are already produced. I am pretty sure that hp refreshed their laptops twice a year. One time at CES and I don't know the other.

The spectre needs a redesign. The newer i7 models run much hotter so the already poor cooling on that spectre won't last five minutes

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The spectre needs a redesign. The newer i7 models run much hotter so the already poor cooling on that spectre won't last five minutes

What do you mean by redesign? It is a 2 in 1, I don t think that it isn t normal to run hot. Are on the market any 2 in 1s that have better cooling with those grate specs? I need a 2 in one that is going to last at least 4 years before it becomes slow. I know dell has some models with 6 cores but they aren t 2 in 1s.

1 minute ago, ISmokeAir said:

What do you mean by redesign? It is a 2 in 1, I don t think that it isn t normal to run hot. Are on the market any 2 in 1s that have better cooling with those grate specs? I need a 2 in one that is going to last at least 4 years before it becomes slow. I know dell has some models with 6 cores but they aren t 2 in 1s.

You won't last two years, let alone four when the CPU is overheating like in the spectre. It has serious heat issues even with the older CPUs and cards. An update to the new ones would melt it. It's not going to be fast because the CPU and GPU throttle to 1GHz or power under load.

4 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

Taken from the NBC review:

"We stress the laptop with synthetic loads to identify for any potential throttling or stability issues. When running Prime95, clock rates would spike to as high as 3.7 GHz for the first 5 seconds until reaching a core temperature of 83 C. Thereafter, clock rates would drop to just 2.1 and 2.2 GHz with a cycling core temperature between 66 C and 84 C due to the cycling RPM of the fans. This same behavior also occurs if running both Prime95 and FurMark simultaneously; CPU and GPU temperatures would cycle between 66 C to 84 C and 74 C to 91 C, respectively. "
csm_stressmax_a16068dde7.png

The purple in the graph is overheating and the green is power limit throttling. The i7 9750H can only run at 2GHz in the X360 and the 1650 fluctuates between nominal clock and 600MHz

Ok, you were right, but what 2 in 1 you'd you recommend that doesn't have these problems and also has 6 cores. I honestly don't really care about the graphics card. And has thunderbolt. 

4 hours ago, ISmokeAir said:

Ok, you were right, but what 2 in 1 you'd you recommend that doesn't have these problems and also has 6 cores. I honestly don't really care about the graphics card. And has thunderbolt. 

Such a laptop, well, it doesn't exist really - you have laws of physics. You can't put 6 cores in a super small chassis and not have them start a fire. It just doesn't work that way. The best 2-in-1 that I know of was the older Acer Nitro 5 Spin and that had a quad-core and 1050

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Such a laptop, well, it doesn't exist really - you have laws of physics. You can't put 6 cores in a super small chassis and not have them start a fire. It just doesn't work that way. The best 2-in-1 that I know of was the older Acer Nitro 5 Spin and that had a quad-core and 1050

I know, i would love an ryzen 4000 in a 2 in 1 but it doesn t exist. So currently, the spectre is my best option. 

It is safe to assume that most company refresh their high-end lineup within 2 months of a significant component is released.

Unfortunately, I do not have a convincing evidence that HP will refresh their Spectre lineup within 2 months of Intel Comet Lake S release.

I apologize for the inability to provide sufficient information, and convincing evidence.

Sincerely,

Azura Lightfeilt