Build PC for editing

What up guys I’m trying to build a pc for editing I was wondering what processor would be good between intel and amd. After choosing the processor what equipment should be put in the system.

Just now, NZgamer said:

AMD. What country, currency and budget?

Im from the United States and well budget would be split between my brother and me.

2 minutes ago, TheSaiyanKing said:

What up guys I’m trying to build a pc for editing I was wondering what processor would be good between intel and amd. After choosing the processor what equipment should be put in the system.

what's your budget? What resolution of footage will you be editing, and will you be doing VFX? 

If your looking for a general recomendation, you can often find ryzen 2700x processors for cheap. it will have lower performance for gaming than a comparably priced 3600, but it will be better in multi core applications.

Intel is almost completely irrelevant. Even at the high end, just get a 3900x or 3950x

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

1 minute ago, PeterFile said:

what's your budget? What resolution of footage will you be editing, and will you be doing VFX? 

If your looking for a general recomendation, you can often find ryzen 2700x processors for cheap. it will have lower performance for gaming than a comparably priced 3600, but it will be better in multi core applications.

Intel is almost completely irrelevant. Even at the high end, just get a 3900x or 3950x

Intel? what is that?

But yeah, Ryzen 3900 or the 3950 would work nicely, if ya REALLY want to spend some cred, go for the Threadripper 3990 :P

1 minute ago, TheSaiyanKing said:

My budget would be maybe around 2 to 2.5k. 

probably the 3900x then, and go for a good GPU like a 2080 (non TI)

Half your cost will be the GPU and Processor

14 minutes ago, TheSaiyanKing said:

My budget would be maybe around 2 to 2.5k. 

something like this would work well. If you are doing lots of VFX, consider a 2080 super. I dont know how much storage you need, so that is another thing. Also, i included an aio, as I dont know much about the included heatsink, but look into that first, as you may not need that. (also might want some fans if you don't get the aio) But in general, stick with the ryzen 3950x and 64 gigs of ram. 

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

15 minutes ago, PeterFile said:

something like this would work well. If you are doing lots of VFX, consider a 2080 super. I dont know how much storage you need, so that is another thing. Also, i included an aio, as I dont know much about the included heatsink, but look into that first, as you may not need that. (also might want some fans if you don't get the aio) But in general, stick with the ryzen 3950x and 64 gigs of ram. 

I have the pro gaming carbon board, it isn't bad, just... make sure you have fan PWM splitters as there is 4 fan ports on the bottom, 2 on top and 1 pump port on top. Also this build doesn't include fans themselves, if you want something fancy, cooler master makes really nice fans for a set of 3. One more thing, I recommend investing in a water cooler or a better air cooling unit for the 3950x, its cooler than the 3900x but just to be safe, the stock cooler is nice but something better will help alot to get rid of that heat.

Fans

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterFan-Addressable-Independently-Controlled/dp/B082LRNQJG?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

20200302_002621.jpg