Why do keyboards not have any macro keys anymore?!

FarmerGiles97

So I've been looking for a new keyboard recently, and I've noticed hardly anyone makes keyboards with macro keys anymore? 

I find macro keys very handy and use them in almost every game I play!

I have the same problem. I ended up solving this as I had an old macro pad and I use the Razer naga trinity for mouse, which is great because I can choose based on my activity how many macros I need.

The custom keyboard market is filled with compact and tkl keyboards. It is almost impossible to find full sized keyboards on r/MechanicalKeyboards.

A lot of gamers prefer having a lot of space for their mouse, so keyboard companies are starting to make smaller keyboards. Esports people love small keyboards too.

I have a keyboard without any macro keys, so I use an Elgato Stream deck for my macros.

My PC : Ryzen 7 3800X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4-3600 | Aorus RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710 | MP600 2 TB, 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN X72 + a bunch of corsair ql rgb fans

Peripherals : G Pro Wireless, G513 Carbon (Linear), Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE , LG 38GL950G-B

11 hours ago, you have the corona virus said:

The custom keyboard market is filled with compact and tkl keyboards. It is almost impossible to find full sized keyboards on r/MechanicalKeyboards.

A lot of gamers prefer having a lot of space for their mouse, so keyboard companies are starting to make smaller keyboards. Esports people love small keyboards too.

I have a keyboard without any macro keys, so I use an Elgato Stream deck for my macros.

If you want macros there are macropads and there are also keyboards with macro keys such as the Duck TCV3, i69, Jubi, kmac mini, Jer Mini etc. If you need a numpad there's a lot of options for 1800 layouts and CP layouts like the HBCP, TX CP, Bok CP, and LZ CP. There's also layers in QMK & Bootloader. 

16 hours ago, JordanHopkins97 said:

So I've been looking for a new keyboard recently, and I've noticed hardly anyone makes keyboards with macro keys anymore? 

I find macro keys very handy and use them in almost every game I play!

corsair's lineup have macros

also more games are geting rid of macros due to cheating

Please excuse my spelling