No post

Hypotheermia

I have a Maximus xi formula, on first boot I plug the power cord in and flip the switch and b4 I go to turn it on all the led lights and small oled panel turns on, but nothing else, when I push the power button nothing happens and I get no video display. I’ve removed all but one ram stick and checked all wiring what else could be wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Hypotheermia said:

I have a Maximus xi formula, on first boot I plug the power cord in and flip the switch and b4 I go to turn it on all the led lights and small oled panel turns on, but nothing else, when I push the power button nothing happens and I get no video display. I’ve removed all but one ram stick and checked all wiring what else could be wrong? 

Could we get the exact specifications of the PC, it couldbe anything but without the full spec it's gonna be hard to troubleshoot

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

6 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

Could we get the exact specifications of the PC, it couldbe anything but without the full spec it's gonna be hard to troubleshoot

I9 9900k Corsair vengeance 16x2 

corsair hx1200i 

Corsair commander pro 

corsair h150i aio 

1 minute ago, Hypotheermia said:

I9 9900k Corsair vengeance 16x2 

corsair hx1200i 

Corsair commander pro 

corsair h150i aio 

could you give me the motherboard chipset? also is this a new build or an upgrade

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

1 minute ago, AdamBGames said:

could you give me the motherboard chipset? also is this a new build or an upgrade

Z390

2 minutes ago, Hypotheermia said:

Z390

you have a gpu?

Just now, AdamBGames said:

you have a gpu?

Atm no but I do have access to a HTC 1660ti that I did try as well 

Just now, Hypotheermia said:

Atm no but I do have access to a HTC 1660ti that I did try as well 

Well, it isnt your psu since the motherboard is clearly powered, anything on the post codes in the corner?

Just now, AdamBGames said:

Well, it isnt your psu since the motherboard is clearly powered, anything on the post codes in the corner?

No nothing at all 

8 minutes ago, Hypotheermia said:

No nothing at all 

It could be the CPU but it's hard to tell, since this is a new build nothing can be ruled out except the psu which is clearly working, the motherboard seems like it's ok since I'm assuming the OLED screen is managed by an on board microcontroller not the cpu,

the drives have nothing on them yet so it isnt them,

that leaves the RAM, The CPU and the case itself excluding a GPU as you say you are using the IGPU

Since you have already checked the ram, we will rule that out.

Next I would suggest checking the front panel connectors on the motherboard, try unplugging them and using a screwdriver to short the power pins, if that works, try connecting the power button back on, if the button doesnt work, then it is possible the button on the case is faulty. REMEMBER TO READ THE MANUAL TO SEE WHICH PINS ARE WHICH

But, lastly if that doesnt work, the only thing left is the CPU and honestly the only way to check a faulty cpu is to either have a spare compatible cpu on hand or find someone with a compatible board

(It's almost 3am, so I'm going to head off for now, I'll check back with you later today to see how things got on)

2 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

It could be the CPU but it's hard to tell, since this is a new build nothing can be ruled out except the psu which is clearly working, the motherboard seems like it's ok since I'm assuming the OLED screen is managed by an on board microcontroller not the cpu,

that leaves the RAM, The CPU and the case itself excluding a GPU as you say you are using the IGPU

Next I would suggest checking the front panel connectors on the motherboard, try unplugging them and using a screwdriver to short the power pins, if that works, try connecting the power button back on, if the button doesnt work, then it is possible the button on the case is faulty. REMEMBER TO READ THE MANUAL TO SEE WHICH PINS ARE WHICH

But, lastly if that doesnt work, the only thing left is the CPU and honestly the only way to check a faulty cpu is to either have a spare compatible cpu on hand or find someone with a compatible board

I just bought the cpu today, and the board has built in power and reset buttons 

3 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

One thing I don’t understand is the q code has nothing displayed on it. Is that normal? 

I just bought the cpu today, and the board has built in power and reset buttons 

Just because the CPU is new doesnt mean it cant be DOA

Just now, Hypotheermia said:

One thing I don’t understand is the q code has nothing displayed on it. Is that normal? 

That is a weird one, it is possible that if the board or cpu are only partially dead, they might still have the pins nessasery for bypassing the checks, for instance when Linus broke a 10k CPU's memory channel it will still able to post without it. But if that's the case then it could be the cpu or the motherboard that are DOA and again, without surrogate parts its almost impossible to tell which one

2 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

Just because the CPU is new doesnt mean it cant be DOA

But is it normal for the mobo to not show a q code, also the fans and pump are not turning on either 

But is it normal for the mobo to not show a q code, also the fans and pump are not turning on either 

Usually on boot it will show some post codes for said boot as it runs through each component, but being completely off is weird so it could very well be a dead board, as I said, im assuming the OLED is run using a microcontroller, it's entirely possible the board was damaged and certain parts of it are no longer functioning, the saying that, the pump and fans would be off if the system is off so they are kinda off the table atm

4 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

Usually on boot it will show some post codes for said boot as it runs through each component, but being completely off is weird so it could very well be a dead board, as I said, im assuming the OLED is run using a microcontroller, it's entirely possible the board was damaged and certain parts of it are no longer functioning, the saying that, the pump and fans would be off if the system is off so they are kinda off the table atm

But why would all the less and oled turn on b4 powering the computer on 

But why would all the less and oled turn on b4 powering the computer on 

That is a good question, possibly a short on the motherboard? Would explain why stuff isn't working properly 

33 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

That is a good question, possibly a short on the motherboard? Would explain why stuff isn't working properly 

What about the actual cord from wall to pcu I am currently looking for original one I used my other pc power cord for time being 

4 hours ago, AdamBGames said:

Hey thanks for all your help, I did finally fine the problem, my 4 pin connector at the top eft of the board had a short or something. After replacing it, everything booted up first try.