MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

16GB of Corsair Vengeance ram

GTX 780Ti

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

LG 12x BD-R Blu-Ray DVD combo drive

while running windows 8.1 64 bit

RAM issue

for some reason im getting high RAM usage without seeing what is actually using it through task manager but i do see a lot of the RAM is in the Non-paged pool under performance in task manager, only way ive seen to be able to fix it is through a reboot, ive ran a spybot S&D scan (only a few cookies) and ran a thorough scan with Norton 360 and that came up clean as well, ive looked over the net and couldnt find any actual help so decided to come here where the community is helpful and always willing to help someone out.

Boot issue

Boot problem seemed to be fixed for now.

any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated, this is my first ever PC build so kinda hoping i didnt break anything with building it, am considering rewiring it all incase something is pinched or something is in the wrong port but advice before that will be great, if all else fails then im gonna have to take it to the local PC shop and see what they can do with it which im trying to avoid to save some money.

thanks for taking the time to read this, any help or advice will be good.

The first thing I would do is run a virus scan, not with Norton... because Norton is far from the best and Spybot search and destroy is nearing the end of its days.  I would advise running a full system scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and if it still happens to download the Kaspersky Rescue disk, burn the ISO to a DVD and then boot from it.  That should erase the malware side of things.   Don't take it into your local PC shop, my local PC shop is almost a scam... I would also update the BIOS (flash it) to the latest version and that might erase BIOS firmware malware, since there is indeed malware that can hide in the UEFI/BIOS to avoid detection, they are extremely rare currently but I would still be careful. 

If there is no luck with that I would advise running a hard drive error scan with the utilities provided by the manufacturer eg: Seagate Sea Tools, Samsung Magician etc.  Also run a memory scan with the Windows memory diagnostic tool on extended mode, if you want a more thorough test use memtest86.  If its the SSD thats going funky you could try update the Firmware on it, but thats about it really.  

There is some more stuff you can try but try this stuff first, because it really might be a faulty hard drive or a pretty bad virus.   And of course faulty memory can cause all kinds of funky jazz to happen. 

The first thing I would do is run a virus scan, not with Norton... because Norton is far from the best and Spybot search and destroy is nearing the end of its days.  I would advise running a full system scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware and if it still happens to download the Kaspersky Rescue disk, burn the ISO to a DVD and then boot from it.  That should erase the malware side of things.   Don't take it into your local PC shop, my local PC shop is almost a scam... I would also update the BIOS (flash it) to the latest version and that might erase BIOS firmware malware, since there is indeed malware that can hide in the UEFI/BIOS to avoid detection, they are extremely rare currently but I would still be careful. 

If there is no luck with that I would advise running a hard drive error scan with the utilities provided by the manufacturer eg: Seagate Sea Tools, Samsung Magician etc.  Also run a memory scan with the Windows memory diagnostic tool on extended mode, if you want a more thorough test use memtest86.  If its the SSD thats going funky you could try update the Firmware on it, but thats about it really.  

There is some more stuff you can try but try this stuff first, because it really might be a faulty hard drive or a pretty bad virus.   And of course faulty memory can cause all kinds of funky jazz to happen. 

will try those right now, thanks for the prompt reply

will try those right now, thanks for the prompt reply

No worries, Good luck! :)

No worries, Good luck! :)

so far things are looking clear, i havent done the ISO boot up or flashing the BIOS so im not sure of what to do at the moment....

really at the end of my ropes on this, getting annoyed at it all.

well looks like im gonna have to do a rebuild and see if that sorts the problem out and if it doesnt then off to the computer shop.

well looks like im gonna have to do a rebuild and see if that sorts the problem out and if it doesnt then off to the computer shop.

Did you do any extended memory testing? What psu? Have you reset the CMOS?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

ive ran memtest86 on the RAM seperately then together and that found nothing, ive also ran the windows memory diagonistic and still clear, the PSU is a silverstone strider plus 600W, and havent reset the CMOS

ive ran memtest86 on the RAM seperately then together and that found nothing, ive also ran the windows memory diagonistic and still clear, the PSU is a silverstone strider plus 600W, and havent reset the CMOS

The recovery screen you get sometimes on boot, is it a Windows generated screen indicating that it did not shut down properly previously?

Have you flashed the BIOS as @Mike_The_B0ss suggested earlier?

The recovery screen you get sometimes on boot, is it a Windows generated screen indicating that it did not shut down properly previously?

Have you flashed the BIOS as @Mike_The_B0ss suggested earlier?

how do i flash the BIOS? and the recovery screen thats shown is xK2WSOJ.jpg

really tempted to buy windows 7 and use that instead, never had any problems with that on my laptop

how do i flash the BIOS? and the recovery screen thats shown is xK2WSOJ.jpg

1. If you press Enter, what happens?

2. If you press F8, what is displayed?

3. Have you followed the directions for using the the recovery tools on the installation disc/stick?

1. If you press Enter, what happens?

2. If you press F8, what is displayed?

3. Have you followed the directions for using the the recovery tools on the installation disc/stick?

at that point my mouse and keyboard are not responding and when they are working nothing happens

how do i flash the BIOS? and the recovery screen thats shown is

See page 3-26 M-Flash of the English User Manual for instructions. You will first have to download a BIOS update from the Downloads section of the motherboard web page.

See page 3-26 M-Flash of the English User Manual for instructions. You will first have to download a BIOS update from the Downloads section of the motherboard web page.

i just flashed the bios, will monitor performance and try to recreate the issue to see if its solved.

im also having nast win8 problems on my main account every 2 second i keep getting bluescreen which lasts for about 6 seconds and it keeps popping up have to use my 2nd account :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Try updating your bios to 1.6 

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87G45_GAMING.html#download

I have almost the exact same build as you but i have a gtx 770. I was having the same issues with my ram. I updated the bios and the issues only happens like twice per month now.

i had already updated the BIOS and yesterday flashed it, the RAM is still hovering around 50% usage

i had already updated the BIOS and yesterday flashed it, the RAM is still hovering around 50% usage

Why are you concerned about that?

Why are you concerned about that?

seems a bit high or is that normal? still havent had any of the problems occur since flashing the BIOS, will still try and recreate the issues if possible.

seems a bit high or is that normal? still havent had any of the problems occur since flashing the BIOS, will still try and recreate the issues if possible.

Windows manages memory and uses as much as it can to optimize performance. I wouldn't worry about the amount of free memory unless and until Windows starts complaining or the system starts running very slowly.

Windows manages memory and uses as much as it can to optimize performance. I wouldn't worry about the amount of free memory unless and until Windows starts complaining or the system starts running very slowly.

considering buy another 8GB RAM kit so the system has enough RAM for whatever it needs.

Firstly change the sata cable on your ssd. run check disk on your sdd.

Also this link might help a little.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/0xc000000e-boot-error/ef08ab00-e130-4301-bc80-79d5b414a81f

if the boot error happens again (hasnt happened since flashing the BIOS) i will try that next.

and thanks for the help everyone, really means a lot.

considering buy another 8GB RAM kit so the system has enough RAM for whatever it needs.

if the boot error happens again (hasnt happened since flashing the BIOS) i will try that next.

and thanks for the help everyone, really means a lot.

You can of course add memory and your system will like it. In fact don't be surprised if usage runs higher than you expect.

In other words, don't worry so much about the utilization being reported. It simply means that Windows is running optimally with half the available memory. Start to worry when Windows tells you to do so. Really, the operating system is quite good at managing machine resources, regardless of what some people say.

Glad to hear that the system seems to be behaving.