Logitech doesn't provide a way to force FW update to G935? - Headset showing up as Avnera AV6202

Harabla

Ugh, been a few years since I bought a set of logitech wireless headphones - and I do like them a lot .... till the other day.

For some reason one morning I came down they won't turn on anymore - seem to have bricked with absolutely no warning. 

I checked the pins on the micro-USB and they are fine - so it should be getting a charge just fine [assuming its simply out of juice] - don't happen to have a multimeter at my current appartment so can't verify the charge on the battery sadly.

what is pointing me towards some mystery FW issue, is that the headset shows up as AVNERA AV6202 when plugged in to the PC. Evidently there is some life still left in the headset, just for some reason its not recoginizing as the right device (I recall it showing up as Logitech rapid charge [or something among those lines]) when it was working right.

Any ideas/experience with this kind of issue? For 933s and earlier devices I can find the FWfiles to update them - but as logitech started using Ghub with g935 - they are not there to be found.

Looks like you got a dud and will need to contact support/RMA it...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 3 years later...
On 4/3/2020 at 9:58 AM, Harabla said:

Ugh, been a few years since I bought a set of logitech wireless headphones - and I do like them a lot .... till the other day.

For some reason one morning I came down they won't turn on anymore - seem to have bricked with absolutely no warning. 

I checked the pins on the micro-USB and they are fine - so it should be getting a charge just fine [assuming its simply out of juice] - don't happen to have a multimeter at my current appartment so can't verify the charge on the battery sadly.

what is pointing me towards some mystery FW issue, is that the headset shows up as AVNERA AV6202 when plugged in to the PC. Evidently there is some life still left in the headset, just for some reason its not recoginizing as the right device (I recall it showing up as Logitech rapid charge [or something among those lines]) when it was working right.

Any ideas/experience with this kind of issue? For 933s and earlier devices I can find the FWfiles to update them - but as logitech started using Ghub with g935 - they are not there to be found.

Run the firmware update manually from the LGS folder. Go to Program files -> Logitech Gaming Software -> FWUpdate -> G933, run the .exe to update the firmware. Hopefully this helps. (Happened to me the other day and noticed the same thing, thankfully found this fix)