cloning os files only from hdd to ssd

SHADFAN

I have only a C file which contains all data and no other partitions. Which means my windows 10 main files are mixed with all of my personal files. So how can I only move my windows 10 files to the SSD without my personal files?

BOLD not ITALIC

1 minute ago, Classified101 said:

I think a better way to do it would be to clone the HDD to the SSD and then just deleting the personal files from the SSD

I cant really do that. I have almost 700gb of personal files and windows files. And my SSD's capacity is only 240gb.

BOLD not ITALIC

I don't think disk cloning allows you to select individual files, and even if it does, I would advice against it as some files maybe important for Windows and if you accidentally skip them, then the cloned windows might just not boot or just crash upon boot.

One thing you can do is to get an external drive from a friend, and then copy all the personal files to the external drive and then delete them from the primary drive( the one that you will be using for cloning) , perform a clone to the SSD, check if the cloned windows is working properly,  format the primary drive and then move all the files from the external to the primary drive