CPU light on with not boot screen, need help!

Ok, so I have a ASUS Z-380-H Gaming Motherboard that I just got today. A intel

i5-8400 CPU, 16gb of RAM (2400). GTX 1060 OC, Corsair RMX 650w.

Upon receiving my motherboard today I set it all up with my components and I got a boot first time into bios. Excitedly I enable XMP, then I saved and rebooted only to get a constant big red cpu light on my motherboard with no display when I tried to boot up again. 

Here’s the catch, I thought to my self ‘this will be easy, a quick CMOS clear should do the trick’.

I shorted the CMOS jumper switch and removed the battery and that did nothing. 

So I knew I had to get a bit more extreme.  I unplugged all my PSU cables from my motherboard and and used 2 cable jumpers, one to go over the power pins and the other to go over the reset CMOS jumper switch. I also removed the battery and I left it for a good 15mins. 

I came back and the issue was still the same. 

After that I repeated what I just did but I removed every thing from the motherboard, (RAM, CPU, M.2 etc) but to no avail. 

Please help me 

You don't need to short the cmos jumper if you unplug the battery, it will do the same.

If this motherboard is new, try get it replaced asap.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Board just might be a dud. Swap it for a different one

3 hours ago, emosun said:

Board just might be a dud. Swap it for a different one

Do you think i could have corrupted the bios? Because I got it to boot before I screwed with any settings. 

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

You don't need to short the cmos jumper if you unplug the battery, it will do the same.

If this motherboard is new, try get it replaced asap.

Sadly not an option my friend. I’m sort of at a loss, anyway thanks for the tip.