PC automatically changed screen resolution

Luxzio22

Hello everyone! I recently got an AMD RX570 4GB(yay!) since my old GPU (an RX550) was seemingly malfunctioning and I'd had enough with troubleshooting it. The problem I'm describing was present when I used that card too. I'd be grateful if anyone could help.

The issue is that the my PC changed its screen resolution automatically from 1600x900 to 1920x1080 as I turned it on this evening. The monitor is a Dell 900p monitor and I'm using an HDMI to VGA adaptor / converter. When I turned it back to 900p from 1080p, the image / output seems less sharp and of lower quality, as if its being upscaled or processed in some way. And Windows shows my recommended resolution as 1280x1024 in display settings, which is puzzling because it always shows the native resolution of the monitor as recommended. When I had this issue before, it was fixed after a few restarts but I want to get to the root of the problem since this is a new GPU and I want to know if its some fault with it, or with Windows. 

Mobo drivers and GPU drivers are up to date. Processor is an FX 6300 and I'm on Win10 64-bit.

Thanks for your input guys!

Recommended.png

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Mobo: Gigabyte B450MDS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX570 4GB

1TB HDD, Windows 10 64-bit

The unsharp effect is because you're using VGA. Even at 1280x1024 you can clearly see that VGA is kind of blurry compared to DVI/HMDI/DP.

As far as resolution is concerned, if the monitor is 900p, then the resolution should be set to 900p. If that doesn't look good, it's because of what I mentioned above. 

Edit: the converter you're using is probably also the reason for the weird native resolution that gets detected.

I was about to say what output are using :P

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Screenshot was taken at 900p. I use this kind of adapter: https://www.amazon.in/Terabyte-Converter-Adapter-Cable-Black/dp/B00S0C76GQ

So the problem can be attributed to the converter? Has anyone had a similar thing happen due to drivers / Windows?

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Mobo: Gigabyte B450MDS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX570 4GB

1TB HDD, Windows 10 64-bit